Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the rearsets the same on the naked K3 and K5 models? I've tried to look a the pictures in the photo gallery but the resolution is not high enough to see the rearsets clearly. The parts fiche on Oneida and Ron Ayers seem to show the same parts for all 2nd gen bikes but I want to be sure.

The reason I'm asking is I ordered the naked rearset plates for a K3 and found out that the shifter mounts in line with the peg like the brake lever on the left side instead of in front of the peg. Also, while they do move the pegs forward about 1" they don't seem to drop the pegs more than about 14/ - 1/2". I saw many references on this sight that said the would lower the pegs by at least 1" and that all you needed were the naked rearset plates, shifter rod and brake spring. With the K3 plates I got from Oneida I will also need the L/S peg mount because of the shifter mounting difference.

If anyone has a stock K5 naked could you possibly post some close up images of the left and right side rearsets. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
397 Posts
K3 was different in many areas from K4+, but I think the footpegs MOUNT in the same way - I know the pegs themselves are different. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dug through the parts fiche some more and it appears that the 99-03 shift lever pivot mounts behind the peg like the brake lever. On 04-05 the shifter pivot was moved in front of the foot peg. The only fiche for a 2nd Gen bike that show a different part # for the Naked and S model rearset mounting plates is the 03. The fiche for 04-05 models only has one number for the mounting plates leading me to believe that the rearsets are the same on the 04-05 Naked and S model.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
terciated said:
check this out, i have an '04 and put the rearsets from an 03 on it (i didn't feel like writing everthing over again)
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=55519.0
Thanks. How did you end up mounting the rear brake light switch. I have not been able to find the bracket in parts fiche for the 03? Did you need to change the rear brake line? I put the r/s 03 foot plate on last night but the brake line is to short to mount the master cylinder.

I still can't figure out if the rearsets on the 04-06 naked ans s model are different. As I said earlier the parts fiche only shows one number for the side plates so that leads me to believe the rearsets are the same. I am going to call a couple pf dealers in my area today and see if they have a naked model on the floor so I can look at them.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
TestaStretta said:
K3 was different in many areas from K4+, but I think the footpegs MOUNT in the same way - I know the pegs themselves are different. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
I tried to use 03 jack up plates on my 04 before I got rearsets and the alignment holes were different.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a dealer today that had a naked and S model siting side by side so I could examine the rearsets on both models. It appears the 04+ models have the exact same rearset. The naked model foot pegs are not lower and further forward.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i just took a better look into the brake light sensor issue. if you take the small side fairing piece(right under seat) off you will notice a horizontal brace for the brake fluid reservoir. i ran the wire for the sensor on the inside of this brace, put a zip tie around it, adjusted it to the right height to make the brake light come on when the lever is pressed and tightened the zip tie. voila

·
Registered
830 Posts
Can anyone confirm this, that the rearset/peg location is the same on 04+ models, both naked and S?  I looked up the LH bracket on the OEM fiche for both a k5 naked and a k5 S, and it _is_ the same part #.  Does that mean that if I put jackup plates on my naked I'd be moving the pegs an inch up and an inch back vs. the stock S?

If so, how does it compare to earlier years? Is the 04 position closer to the old S or the old naked?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts