Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Dakota. This is my first post. I have a 2003 SV650S. I've had the bike for 3 years as of yesterday (07/26). At the beginning of summer 2020 I decided this bike needs a very good deep cleaning (It also has some external oil seals that need replaced). It has lots of dirt and build of of road grime and chain lube, that looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it came off the showroom floor in 2003. I'm in the process of removing the engine from the frame. I already bought the specialty tool from motion pro for removing the thrust adjuster lock washers, but I can't figure out how to loosen the thrust adjuster like the manual says to. I have tried many sockets (6 point and 12 point) and nothing is working. Am I missing another specialty tool? Am I an idiot? Any information on this would be very helpful.

P.S. I am a motorcycle mechanic myself, I've been working on dirt bikes for 6 years professionally, and I graduated from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I didn’t release those, as I recall, at least not while the engine was in. When I have spun them loose, it was with a hammer and punch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts