Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just done a search and found lots of information regarding Dyno Jet stuff, and combining a K&N Filter, but nothing about K&N jet kits.

I have purchased a K&N filter and Jet kitgreat deal on e-bay for $35) for my '99 with current stock exhaust. I plan to eventually go to a full system when funds permit. I want to get rid of the surging as discussed in the tips and tricks.

Anyone have experience with this kit? Catpoopman--- I hear/read you were a GURU--can you help me?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
DynoJet used to make kits for K&N and they were sold under both names. They stopped that a couple years ago. I got the jet kit I put in my old Katana on clearance for 20% of the regular price because of that.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
There's a database floating around of a bunch of peoples mods and the jets they're using. You might try to find it.

I would not rejet or install the filter until you get the full exhaust. If you get the jetting decent and then install a full system you'll be lean. If you install the filter without jetting, you'll also be lean.

I've tried a desnorkled OEM filter and a desnorkled K&N... the OEM desnorkled filter flowed better. I have a full system, BMC race filter and Factory jet kit waiting to be installed next...

The bike had a desnorkled OEM filter and stock exhaust when I got it, it had 150 mains and ran 100%. After I did the cam swap it was a bit lean, putting in the K&N got it about right again...

S

·
0 Posts
Go ahead and get the dynojet kit, its quite good. and if you decide to buy another air filter. I'd reccomend a BMC. The opening is quite a bit larger than KN. So you'd want a jet at least 150.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DougZ said:
DynoJet used to make kits for K&N and they were sold under both names. They stopped that a couple years ago. I got the jet kit I put in my old Katana on clearance for 20% of the regular price because of that.
Thanks the responses guys. It sounds as if I can use the posts information on Dyno jet since they are the same. I already have a K&N filter, and the jet kit , so I might as well use it.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I don't rate the DJ kit myself... The parts are all fine but the instructions are awful- the recommnended setups are all for the original, restrictive K&N so the directions actually recommend smaller jets than usual with a filter and slipon! Feeble. Plus, the kit only goes up ot 146 then jumps to 180, which isn't so good if you use the BMC Race RS since it wants 165-175s with a full system...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts