Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 SV 650 track bike. I replaced the manifolds last season because they were cracked and performance was horrible. I have since then enjoyed the feeling of asphalt rubbing my leathers and plactics. The tank was exchanged and the bike has been sitting for approx 5 months. I have sprayed carb cleaner in the thoats and changed gas. I have tested the vacuum and the gas flow through the pump. The bike will run if I choke it; however there is approx 100 rpm waiver. If I remove the choke the bike will die. The bike will run and will operate fine as long as there is throttle input; however there is a slight bobble at 6000 rpm area. Is there any suggestions? I really don't want to end up back in the shop and want to strap on the plactics and get a knee down!!!!!!!!!! Help, I need somebody...:eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
5 months> I am betting the jets are gummed up. If so its time to break down the carbs and give them a good cleaning. Get some air in a can or speaker wire and some carb cleaner if you dont use a whole can your not doing it right.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Check your pilots. Also, can you get it to run at low RPM with throttle input? Could be your idle screw is backed way out and causing the idle to be way low.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I figured. I was hoping for something more in my talent range. I have taken many Carbs apart for cleaning.....many people have fixed those mistakes. Looks like I get to visit my local friendly shop. Thanks!!!!:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
My 01 SVS did the same thing when I first purchased it because the previous owner didn't ride it much. Being a new rider, I didn't realize that I shouldn't need to always be on the throttle, even while stopped at an intersection. I almost crashed once when it stalled out on me. I had the carbs cleaned and it runs like a champ.

I was told to store it in the winter with stabilizer in the fuel and if possible run the bike every couple of weeks to keep the carbs from gumming up again.

Msurk

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I was told to store it in the winter with stabilizer in the fuel and if possible run the bike every couple of weeks to keep the carbs from gumming up again.

Msurk
If you are running a winter fuel stabilizer there will be no need to start it up periodicly. Just keeps the battery on a tender or disconnect it and store it inside or leave it in your garage if its heated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts