Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 05 SV650s (blue) on Saturday. Before anyone says it, I finished my MSF classs on Sunday. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that made my choice of first bikes easier. I was stuck between the SV, Monster, and the Katana. I'm glad I decided to go with the SV.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
T-dizzle said:
I just picked up my new 05 SV650s (blue) on Saturday. Before anyone says it, I finished my MSF classs on Sunday. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that made my choice of first bikes easier. I was stuck between the SV, Monster, and the Katana. I'm glad I decided to go with the SV.
We're glad you chose the SV too. Congrats!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sheesh, was this weekend a big bike sale? The newbies are pouring in. ;D

Welcome aboard, and keep the rubber side down. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a weekend bike sale per se. Just I must get a bike now, or I'll end up on a clock tower with a high powered rifle.

Oh, and I plan on picking up the sliders too. Figured I'd annoy the family further and tell them to pick them up for my birthday.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
wait, so this is your first bike and you bought new.   Be very very very careful for the first week esp the first day, the SV has alot more power than those 250's and can be dangerous.  Either way, gratz on the SV purchase.  ;D

edit: get sliders like alexj said.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made it past the first day, man it was rough. I bought the bike at a dealer about 20 miles away from my house and my first ride took me on the interstate. I have been extremely careful thus far and plan to be for the forseeable future. I've been real easy on the throttle, but I found the seating position a little hard to get used to. I got back on the baby cruiser for my test on Sunday and felt like I was sitting in a lawn chair.

Anyways thanks for all the good advice. Used wasn't really a viable option for me with financing and such. I've been lurking around here for a few weeks prior to purchasing and reading everything I could about being a newbie rider. I hope this an the safety class will help me to avoid any major mishaps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts