Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear cylinder is easy - lifted the tank, pulled the wire, unscrewed the old plug, replaced with a NGK Iridium and went to do the front...

And that is where the fun began.

I thought I'd read in this forum that it could be changed without doing more than moving the radiator forward.

Maybe that was for nekkids... I looked and looked and figured that I was either missing something, or I'd have to take off most of the fairing to change the plug on my SVS. That added another chunk of time to the whole process (so much for a "quick" plug replacement). I thought I could do the job with a normal socket set with a plug socket (worked for the rear) but that turned into a fiasco after I unscrewed the plug and then couldn't get the socket out because it was hitting the radiator by that point. Then, I realized that the special tool in the toolkit was added for a reason. Using the tool allowed me to finish the job, but hell, that was a pain in the old gipper. The feeling of success made putting the fairing on less of a pain.

The bike feels new again. Dunno if it is the Iridiums, or just the newness of the plugs, but it starts and runs way better now!

BTW - I tightened the thottle cable a bit, taking up some pretty bad slack, and throttle response is way better too. I wish I'd done it a long time ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
dont want to bring up an old thread, but just unbolt the 2 screws holding the radiator on, pull it foward and down just a hair and you have total access to the plug with a regular plug socket and extension. I just did my first plug job on the twin and it sure was easy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
When you pulled the plastic off did you pull each piece off or just unplug the connectors and unbolt the two bolts for the lights/gauges/plastic? I used to pull the pieces off individually until I realized it was so much easier to unbolt it as a whole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts