Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyo..

sorta new here.... but I thought I'd share some pics from my VIR grand course excursion.. just got back a few hours ago.. still pumped up... definatly do the grand course with cornerspeed.net sometime.. that course is simply amazing to ride.. "busy" is an understatement.. it's got everything.. and occasionally everything rolled into one.. such as the blind, decreasing radius, downhill esses... scary, and oh so exciting at the same time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

I'm getting there I think.. This was my first track day on a SV.. So far it's been tons of fun. I think I need some SS brake lines, and maybe a little stiffer springs in the front. I'm not sure new forks are needed really just yet.. Maybe later sometime.. but these feel pretty decent other than being a bit divey. I know the race tech emulators are in there.. and that the previous owner was probably 30-40 pnds lighter. I think the biggest problem is me being quite a bit bigger than the person the springs in the front were put in there for.

I really didn't have time to do much before this track day.. picked it up friday.. prepped it, and rode it maybe 40 miles saturday, loaded it up sunday, put some diablo corsas on and hit the track monday.

the previous owner put a gixxr shock in the rear.. it seems to work pretty well.. I didn't really mess with the adjustments on it.. never really felt a need too.. just set it up for my weight and left the rebound/compression virtually unchanged from what he had it on. It seemed to work pretty well.. although it's really hard to tell.. I may have just been compensating for them and not even realizing it. No weird gyrations on entry/exit (well none not caused by me doing something I shouldn't have been doing anyway) and I was happily suprised by the total lack of headshake no matter what I was doing to it with the lack of a steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can't emphasize the wonder of puttin a gsxr front end and forks on an sv. changes the whole outlook of a day at the track.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Lookin' good.

I love track days. Can't wait till my next one.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Nice, nice. OK, now show us some pics w/out all the gear on.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Cool pics.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ride_naked said:
Nice, nice. OK, now show us some pics w/out all the gear on.
eh?

assuming my wife doesn't get too annoyed at me.. and also that your a chic.... $25 and you can pick the pose...

teehee!

nothing wrong with sellin' ya body on here is there?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JaredMcDonley said:
pure_ego said:

I really like this pic out of the bunch. Looks like a blast!
Thats really ironic I think...

When I was buying the pics I was kinda aggravated that they'd only got 21 pics of me all day.. and the track wasn't even that crowded... that I sorta thought about not buying the $65 CD with all of them.. Told them if they would pick a good one, crop it, and print it 8X10 I would buy the CD..

they did.. and thats the pic they chose also... weird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts