Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sold her for $5500,, Loved the bike but time to move on....

R6 is where it is at.... and no I never "mastered" the sv to its full potential...just had to get something way better...

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Sick looking bike man!

Don't be a stranger. ;D

·
Registered
375 Posts
R6 is where it is at.... and no I never "mastered" the sv to its full potential...just had to get something way better...
That thing will be a blast on the old spiral highway in Lewiston!

·
Registered
375 Posts
You have been on the spiral? it is a blast man.... The SV was a lot of fun on the spiral too...
That is a great ribbon of pavement! The perfect end to a trip through the Lolo pass!

I have a road trip planned with the SV, and a pair of Busa's for the end of June. I love how I can taunt them in the corners with the SV.

Corners are the equalizer of skill, to power!

First Day- Alberta to Missoula

Second Day- Missoula to Coeur D'Alene "A day in Heavan"
(via lolo, grangeville, white bird, winchester, spiral highway, and a lap around the east side of lake Coeur D'alene)

Third Day- Coeur D'alene to Kalispell (via yaak river road, rt 228 on kookanusa)

Day four- ride home to Alberta

I can't quit counting days, it is one of my favorite areas! Where are you in Idaho?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am in Lewiston... I ride it everyday...
I think I might hate you, lol!

Enjoy the R6!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice looking R6. Every road test I've read says it's a bit too 'peaky' for the street...meaning you have to rev the crap out of it to get any power (more so than other I4 bikes). What are your impressions?

·
Registered
375 Posts
you ever get a chance to ride the Clearwater up to orifino is a fun windy ride as well...
Do you mean highway 12 from Lewiston to Orifino? or is there something I'm missing?

I tried that last spring and the scenery was great. If I recall the road was fairly relaxed compared to the Lolo pass itself.

I was thinking this trip we would turn south at Kooskia to Grangeville, fuel up, and go try the old White Bird grade road. Then we could head northwest on 95, with a detour to try the Wincheater grade road, and then on the Lewiston.

What route would you take? Any pointers on any of those roads? Any other connector routes you would say were better nearby?

Thanks for any tips you can provide!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the Winchester grade as far as the scenery.... the route you chose is what I would do as well... from what I hear if you go through lewiston/clarkston and take off to lower granite dam they still let you drive across the top of the dam.... I hear it is the best local ride to take... i havent been on it yet...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for all the advice.

If you see a little blue SV embarassing a couple of Hayabusas on the local curves, on a Sunday afternoon (Jun 28th?), make sure to say hello!

Regards,
Darryl

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
That is a great ribbon of pavement! The perfect end to a trip through the Lolo pass!

I have a road trip planned with the SV, and a pair of Busa's for the end of June. I love how I can taunt them in the corners with the SV.

(via lolo, grangeville, white bird, winchester, spiral highway, and a lap around the east side of lake Coeur D'alene)

Third Day- Coeur D'alene to Kalispell (via yaak river road, rt 228 on kookanusa)

I can't quit counting days, it is one of my favorite areas! Where are you in Idaho?

I used to live up that way. A word of caution: watch out for deer. They are very thick up that way and exceedingly stupid. When you go over the pass from the Yaak to Lake Kookanusa it's possible to see mountain lions jumping across the road, elk, the biggest lynx in North America, grizzlies, black bear and moose. So keep an eye out for the critters they are up there, believe me.

You wouldn't believe the things I saw up there over a 5 year period.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

sounds like a hell of a ride. I think some of the guys up here in Edmonton are planning a BC/MT trip in june and one in august as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah bike is a biotch in town... it feels like I am driving a 250cc bike... then i hit the powerband at a high 10k rpm and she explodes... in town sucks.... but highway and joyriding is a blast...

·
Registered
375 Posts
When are you planning this trip? The pass between the Yaak and Lake Kookanusa is snowed in most years until mid May or so... You can go from the Yaak to Libby, MT then to Kalispell, but that isn't a very good route. I can find out for you, I've got friends up there who know the conditions, just PM me.
The trip is June 27-June 30, so I don't think I need to be concerned about snow. Here are the 2 routes I had thought of from Coeur D'alene to Kalispell. What do you think?

OPTION 1 IGNORING YAAK-

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Coe...head+County:1/m:::::0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

OPTION 2 (YAAK ROUTE)- we will actually go rt228 on west side of kookanusa if we go this way as well, but mapquest was giving me grief

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Coe....317173:-115.552873:0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

·
Registered
375 Posts
sounds like a hell of a ride. I think some of the guys up here in Edmonton are planning a BC/MT trip in june and one in august as well.
When in June? Where in Montana? Maybe we'll see you there?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
When in June? Where in Montana? Maybe we'll see you there?
I have no idea, one of the local old farts knows all the back roads and all those gems that you wouldn't find on a map. I've tagged along every time he leads a ride and haven't been disappointed yet ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts