Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo after a few weeks of waiting (after putting down a deposit for the PO to hold the bike for me whilst I conjure up the rest of the money) I finally get my first bike =)!! I bought it from another member on here, mandryd, and I must say its in great condition.

Just some details: 2001 SV650S with Yosh RS3 can, flushmounts, lowered seat, OEM lowers, clear rear tailight, and FE.

The weeks of waiting were torture, spent it by brushing up on MSF reading as well as finished reading "Proficient Motorcycling." My friend rode it home for me today because I didn't want to ride it too far alone since I havn't ridden a bike since the MSF (1 year ago). Now I'm BORED and ITCHING to ride, BUT I gotta wait for my friend to come back from doing his stuff so that I can borrow his gear as I only have a helmet right now.

I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE!

To ease my eagerness I went out and polished the can and took some pictures, guna give it a wash tomorrow when it isn't dark. So....here are some pics of the new/first ride:

More pics tomorrow when its clean. Wish me luck tonight on my first ride woohoo!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yes that is joy :D

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
That's excellent - congrats and welcome. YOu might want to get some frame sliders, they can save you a lot of money. A guy from this site makes them, many of us have them and are happy with them. www.motosliders.com

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congrats and ride safe.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh man I know mandryd!

WE used to race all the time! He could to the trickist endos and wheelies on that bike! I never was able to pull a 12'0 clock for as long as he could... :cry:

heheh j/k 8) Looks great. Take your time learning on it though. As a new rider too let me say , take the MSF and then try it on your own bike many times! Get some sliders to save those pretty lowers! Good luck and most of all - Try to hide the big smile a bit so people don't start to wonder about you!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome a board my friend and Congrats on the new ride. Take care of that little beauty and she will take care of you. I didn't notice in the pictures, but invest in some frame sliders, if you don't have them. There good insurance in case the bike is tipped over or dropped.
Ride Safe and Ride often!
Cheers! :wink:
My bad, I see AlexJ already mentioned the frame sliders. Thats what I get for not reading all the responses. :oops:

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Yeah I remember when I got my first bike it's seems like a year ago..... wait it was a year ago this Aug 9th!! I was prouder then a new dad at the hospital handing out cigars!!!! Oh the joy the glee and elation were over coming. Dare I say I shed a tear when I fired her up for the first time. She was mine, all mine and no one was going to take her away from me!!!

Yellow, silver, black and yes she was mine. That was one of the most special days in my life that I will never forget. I must think of a way to celebrate my first day anniversary to relive those first moments again. You always remember your first one and first time and I can't wait to celebrate it with her again!!!!

I love my SV and my SV loves me........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JaredMcDonley said:
Oh man I know mandryd!

WE used to race all the time! He could to the trickist endos and wheelies on that bike! I never was able to pull a 12'0 clock for as long as he could... :cry:
Oh gah I almost crapped myself :oops: hahaha

But yeah more pics to come later, just cleaned her up. And yeap I have my sliders from Nate coming in the mail once they get more in stock.

First Ride Last Night: This bike is amazing. Found an empty parking lot and practiced what I learned in MSF and then took it around the neighborhood on some easy roads and since it was like 2 AM there were no cars. Took a little while to get used to the high clutch friction point but after that it was smooth riding. The bike was scary fast and I only took it up to 40, which felt like 80mph haha. Can't wait for more riding tonight when its not 100+ degrees outside. :twisted:

And thanks for all the comments!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts