Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, that movie was creepy and scary! I think I squished my gf near the end, when the dude in the attic rips the camera from the camera man.

For the rest of the night (and last night, too) I felt creeped out when her dog walked up to me.

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a great non-zombie "zombie" movie.

Two thumbs up from me.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Is it filmed like "Blair Witch" and "Cloverfield"? That ruined those movies for me.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it was. What ruined Blair Witch was the fact that it was a suck-ass movie. Cloverfield was a better movie, but the story wasn't fleshed out well.

The moving camera and random scenes in Quarantine did well to add to the suspense and the general "What the phuck is gonna happen next?!?!" feeling you get once the action begins.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Sissy.

Those type of movies never did it for me. I really dont know if there is anything....sometimes I wish I were human again.

Check out Zombie Diaries (non-Romero version). Nifty low budget take on the a-typical zombie scenario.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Yes, it was. What ruined Blair Witch was the fact that it was a suck-ass movie. Cloverfield was a better movie, but the story wasn't fleshed out well.
Yeah that could be it. I still want to see this movie, I was just worried the camera work would ruin it.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sissy.

Those type of movies never did it for me. I really dont know if there is anything....sometimes I wish I were human again.

Check out Zombie Diaries (non-Romero version). Nifty low budget take on the a-typical zombie scenario.

You know, you sure sound a lot like Jessica..."Brad, you're supposed to be my Marine, my rock. You aren't supposed to be scared of anything. What the phuck?"

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Next time...check this zombie movie out you little girl :nana: ........

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
You know, you sure sound a lot like Jessica..."Brad, you're supposed to be my Marine, my rock. You aren't supposed to be scared of anything. What the phuck?"
We are the same age ;D

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Yeah, sadly Romero's stuff took a turn for the Bleh after the latest rehash of Dawn of the Dead.

I'll have to check out Zombie Diaries though.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's just say that I'm STILL getting the heebie-jeebies.

Last night the house was empty. I had the garage doors open while painting so the fumes wouldn't get sucked into the house. Every time I heard a dog bark I started.

When I went to bed and turned off the lights I had to force myself to think of things other than "what's hiding in the dark."

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Caught the beginning of Resident Evil: Extinction last night. Looks like a crappy movie as far as movie-making is concerned (i.e. not gonna win any oscars) but good as a Zombie flick.

I am a total Zombie nerd.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Quarantine wasn't bad. I like zombie movies because I don't get scared (as opposed to flat out horror).

The camera in quarantine actually adds to the suspense of this movie. It makes you feel probably about as closed in as the people in the movie feel.

In Cloverfield, the camera was added for perspective and the personality of the camera man had to be explained through his stupid actions and mannerisms. It makes more sense in quarantine because the guy shooting is actually a camera man.

IMO

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I am a total Zombie nerd.
Same here.

Quarantine is on my list. I need to make time to see it, along with Zombie Strippers and Zombie Diaries and a couple others.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The most disconcerting aspect of Quarantine, for me, is that it's a believable and fairly real possibility.

What through me off and left a bad taste in my mouth was the way that while the movie showed how the virus mutated, which will happen, it manifested itself in contradictory ways through the infections.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
No, Extinction sucked ass.
It really did. Completely horrible in terms of film making and zombie content.

Theres a huge influx of low budget zombie movies these days. Some of them are so-so and some are out right disturbing.

The ratings are generally horrible, not worth buying but for any zombie fanatic ya gotta watch them at least once.

Automation Transfusion
http://www.amazon.com/Automaton-Tra...J4EE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1237567873&sr=1-1

Zombie Diaries
http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Diaries-Leonard-Fenton/dp/B001DJ7PU0/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_2_1

Dance of the Dead
http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Dead-Ja..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XYFM1ED3AARXG9DKFFS

Zombies VS Strippers
http://www.amazon.com/Zombies-Strip..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XYFM1ED3AARXG9DKFFS

Ok just look through the "related items" links on amazon...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts