Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just raced a ducati 900 ss around the twisties and i decimated this guy... he was way older then me (30s) too ( i'm 20 ) . I just thought they would be faster then that? or maybe its just me... i was draggin pegs around corners lol.

Im on a k4sv650s pc3,filter,slip on.

anyone know any specs on them?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
what it takes to ride fast on the street in order of importance:

1- no fear/big balls
2- skill
3- fast bike

;D

·
Registered
213 Posts
How do u know the guy was racing? Maybe he was just taking it easy and giving u a good story to talk about in the internet, beat your chest, and then get made fun of for thinking that people are actually riding their hardest on the street. ;D

Ask for a trackday for Xmas...the track are where the fast guys live. The street is just people with big balls like others said, and higher risk tolerance than the next guy. :)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I know someone with a 900ss and when he kicks it down to pass... it sounds like a beast with his aftermarket cans and it does fly. I would say it was more or less the rider and not so much the bike. Oh yeah... I guess you would consider him (900ss rider) a dinosaur... he's in his 50's and he can hang with the best of them  ;)

oh yeah... I know some women with balls... I don't know how they got them but after seeing them ride... they got them somehow  :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
I recall reading about the 900 SS not long ago and I think it puts out mid 70's hp.  I don't think the bike has anything on the SV (particularly one with any suspension mods).  The other thing to remember about the twisties is the other guy's mentality.  He may know he's fast and not feel a need to "race" on the street.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Often times dragging pegs sparking up a storm can give the allusion of someone going fast to the untrained eye. Or...it's just someone with stock suspension that sagging out. ;D

Another fun thing to do with street racers is to let them go by and then pace them for however long they try to blow u away, frustrated them just as good as beating them through the twisties and as an added benefit they get the ticket if there is a cop lurking around the corner. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts