Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night i put on the new tires i ordered. after getting 11.5k out of the stock tires i finally got to get some new rubber. last night i went over to a friends house who has a home tire mounting setup and put on my new continental road attacks. woohoo!

i am going to go break them in this morning, but even on the short ride home last night i couls tell a big difference and that i will have to get used to these new tires. the profile on the rear is much more "pointed" in the middle. or has more material in the middle to make it taller if you like. compared to the basically round profile of the stockers.

on the way home i was weaving back and forth in the lane to start scrubbing them in and my bike turns in really fast now. once i would get the bike off of the high point in the middle of the tire, it would shoot across the lane to the other side. i could get my bike to go from one line to the other pretty quickly on the dunlops, but these do it without even trying.

i can't wait to get these things broken in and see how much stickier than the old ones. one thing i am curious about though is, how will these new tires affect my lean angle? just seeing last night how fast it would go from one side of the lane to the other without much effort makes me think that i will actually be able to go around the same turns at the same speeds with less angle. would that be a correct assumption?

oh and my buddies home mounting setup was pretty cool. for those that are DIY'ers i highly reccommend one as it is fairly easy and goes really fast if you have two people.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I know doxiedog has been raving about the Road Attacks he currently has on. If you have questions about the performance of these tires, you may want to pm him and pick his brain a little.

Also, the Road Attack has been getting good buzz across the pond at www.sv650.org : scroll down to the 'tyres' section and enjoy...

·
Registered
326 Posts
11k on an 05? holy crap lol. When did you get it?

I am just passing through 5500 since march 20. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr. black, i picked mine up in the middle of february. i didn't get to ride much for a while since the weather would just not warm up. but since then i have been riding as much as i can fit in. at the end of this month i am riding out to dayton, oh and then at the end of september i am riding out to deals gap. i also want to fit in a weekend trip to the outer banks to camp.

so many rides, so little time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts