Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just chiming in to say hello.  I am a newbie motorcycle rider, just completed my MSF course and picked up a new SV650S straight out of the crate, :)  Felt good driving off with ZERO miles.

Had to go with the Red/White/Blue theme as well, :)

I look forward to learning all the ins/outs of my bike.   Sad part is, I never drive my roadster anymore, :(

I have just a few minor questions.

1.   Cheapest online place to buy a K&N air and oil filter.  I don't want E-bay due to I read a guy who got just a stock air filter ina  K&N box.

2.  Best oil for this bike?

3.  Best lubrication/cleaner for the chain?

Thanks again.  

·
Registered
39 Posts
1. Dont bother with a K&N it seems most will rob power vs. stock.
2. (this is always a bit debate) But I run rotella synthetic but don't run synthetic until at least 2000 miles, its cheap and easy to get.
3. Kerosene and chain wax works well.

Welcome

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yeah, don't bother with the K&N. As far as everyone I know has been able to determine, the stock filter flows best, and if you desnorkle you'll get more air than you want. I wouldn't do that until you get a pipe and a PC III.

I run Rotella T dino... $7 bucks a gallon and stock oil filters. Cheap and works great.

WD-40 and Maxima chain wax. Takes about 15 minutes with a couple of cloth rags. :)

Congrats on your beautiful new bike! I would seriously recommend some of Nates Motosliders (and swingarn sliders too)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I ordered frame sliders yesterday, installing them Tuesday when they come in.

Where can you buy the chain wax at? Walmart, Pep Boys?

K

·
0 Posts
lol red white and blue, straight from Japan! ;D

Looks great though! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts