Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah! Thanks to all of the positive opinions on the Conti Road Attacks and Motosliders I just placed my orders! Cant wait to try the Contis out, the stock tires slid out on me 1 time to many! I almost went with another set of the Pilot roads but I need to try out some new stuff.
I ordered the tires from Ride Direct and had a very positive experience with them. The Tires were in stock and I already have a UPS tracking # for them!
Front = 120\60\17 @ $106.95
Rear = 160\60\17 @ $116.95
These are the best prices I could find and the salesman(Jamie) was very helpful and friendly! I get them on Tuesday.

I ordered the Motosliders from Blair @ SVracingparts.com and had another positive experience! Blair emailed me back with in the hour and they are also on the way.
Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences with these products and I will sure write and tell everyone how I feel about the Contis!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Trying to recall-- 17 mm deep ? ???

Can anyone confirm?

Might want two of the correct size so you can tighten both sides together simultaneously for the finish...
i believe that is correct. you need 2 17mm sockets, and one must be a deep one.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Make sure you mount the RA's correctly. The front and rear should be opposite looking as far as tread direction. I have been looking at pictures from this site and have realized that many people have them mounted wrong.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Make sure you mount the RA's correctly. The front and rear should be opposite looking as far as tread direction. I have been looking at pictures from this site and have realized that many people have them mounted wrong.
I believe that they may have changed the layout over time.

both of mine are mounted facing the same way and that is the way the arrow on the side indicates to do it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will make sure and mount according to the directional arrows. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
You're going to need some 6" or 8" extension pieces too.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
To go between the socket and wrench. The sliders holes are pretty deep.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Don't forget the blue locktite too.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
And you do have a torque wrench right?? ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts