Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a scorpion standard mount online at pipecity.com - heard good things about them (the site and the pipe) - hopefully I can get it soon. The price was reasonable - $260 shipped. I actually tried to win an auction for a used scorpion on ebay, but once it got up to $170+, I gave up - I'd rather pay $50 more and get a new one.

The sound clip on the scorpion-exhausts.com site sounded a lot like the ducati sound clips - so I'm excited to see how it'll sound. The hayabusa sound clip is freakin awesome though, it's easy to imagine your arms getting yanked straight by the torque on each rev.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You'll llove it. Make sure you get the bike jetted when you put the pipe on, else you will have a flat spot around 3-4k in first and second gear. When I got mine, I did a stage 1 factory jet kit, pipe, and tires. Talk about feeling like a new bike!

Cheers!

Tige

A

·
0 Posts
For the money, you can't go wrong with the Scorpion.

Get ready for a workout when you have to hack off the stock pipe. A few squirts of WD40 makes the job a lot easier.

When you are installing, fit everything together loosely and use silicon to seal the joints. If everything looks straight, tighten her down and enjoy the new character of your SV.

T

·
0 Posts
Mine had one on it when I bought it. It sounds great and tempts me to do bad things just so I can hear it sing. :evil:

B

·
0 Posts
Once you get rid of the stock exhaust driving through a tunnel will never be the same. I always have to get flat open going down (just can't resist). Close the throttle before goin up, enjoy the engine breaking sound. And full open again going out. NEVER stops to bore (me that is).

Have fun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
supark said:
The sound clip on the scorpion-exhausts.com site sounded a lot like the ducati sound clips - so I'm excited to see how it'll sound. The hayabusa sound clip is freakin awesome though, it's easy to imagine your arms getting yanked straight by the torque on each rev.
Man, the SV clip sounds KILLER :shock: - I was losing the urge to get a slip-on, I feel it coming back...

EDIT: Actually, I just looked at the HTML, and the SV650 sound clip is really opening the TL1000R Shockwave file. Not too cool, IMO... We'll see if they respond to my e-mail about it.

V

·
0 Posts
akira88 said:
Get ready for a workout when you have to hack off the stock pipe. A few squirts of WD40 makes the job a lot easier.
A high quality saw blade is the ticket, not a cheapo walmart one!

T

·
0 Posts
Angus2911 said:
supark said:
EDIT: Actually, I just looked at the HTML, and the SV650 sound clip is really opening the TL1000R Shockwave file. Not too cool, IMO... We'll see if they respond to my e-mail about it.
Still sounds very similar though.

Y

·
0 Posts
vtwinheaven said:
akira88 said:
Or a Sawzall if you can get your hands on one... instead of minutes, its seconds.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
vtwinheaven said:
akira88 said:
yes got a GOOD saw blade for it. it comes off easy. the scorpion sounds great. squids always tell me "your bike sounds weird" :roll:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm not too worried about the install - I just can't wait to get it in the mail!!

Anyone around Seattle want to help me do the rejet? I'll trade beer for rejetting help.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yellow Nudist said:

Or a Sawzall if you can get your hands on one... instead of minutes, its seconds.
Home Depot has a no questions return policy...buy it and return it after the job is done ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
txmedic said:
It sounds great and tempts me to do bad things just so I can hear it sing. :evil:
+1
i just installed a scorpion s - o on my 05 & i wondered why i didn't do this sooner. sounds awesome!!! it made me do more mods like eliminating the fender & getting rid of the stock mirrors for some 3rd eye bar ends just to keep up w/ the bike's new character (i've already put on nate's sliders & swapped the shock w/ that from a gixxer 1k 05). i'm thinking of getting race tech emulators & a pc next & having it dyno'ed so i can take it to the track & maybe let loose a little bit ;D. a ride this great w/ a sound this sweet is just begging to be opened up.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Sooo since this is revived some...I have a first gen and mine came with 3 spacers, one of them being smaller than the other 2 what is the smaller one for.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The rivets holding my can together aren't holding up and you can see discoloration in where exhaust is escaping. Still not big enough of a deal for me to send it back for warranty work.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I installed a Scorpion slip on on my 04 in jnusary, and am definately pleased with it. The bike sounds mean. Cutting the origional pipe was a pain in the butt. I ruined 3 sawzall blades before I went and used a cut off wheel.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah...anyone else notice how far in the stock pipe is baffled? No wonder these things are so quiet with the stock can. Oh, and anyone that hasn't, you HAVE to start it after you cut the can off. No muffler=sex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts