Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been a while since I've posted but I just moved to Burbank City and need some new riding buddies and possible tour of any good local canyons. I have an 06 Sv 650 N

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey man!

i live in downtown la. new to riding but pm if you want to meet up. i just got myself a 2005 sv650s i want to change it to a naked model, but still learning :)

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Still avoiding the freeways.
Yeah, I did that for about 3 weeks. Now I'm lane splitting with the rest of them in rush hour traffic. Not at over 45, though. I'm trying really hard to stick to the CHP guidlines...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, I did that for about 3 weeks. Now I'm lane splitting with the rest of them in rush hour traffic. Not at over 45, though. I'm trying really hard to stick to the CHP guidlines...
Wow, 3 weeks. I Havent gotten comfortable enough to lane split, but i am getting there. Maybe in another week or two. Trying to ride whithin my limits.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Don't do it if you aren't comfortable with it... It's not worth the added stress to try it without being comfortable. I started out filtering up to the front at signals, and worked my way up from that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all!

I'm new too, just got my SV back in November and I live in the north part of the SFV. Looking for some new people to ride with, and I'm sure my dad would like to join on his gs500 as well

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I only lane split when the traffic is at a complete stop. It's really nice not to have to wait for all the idiot cagers at every light. I just don't feel comfortable doing it on the freeway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another SV650 rider here from SoCal, I ride Little Tujunga almost everyday. How about we get a group together and hit up a canyon?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Mount Washington! (Glendale area). My bike is mostly track and Canyon smasher, don't really commute on it and honestly like wrenching on it mostly ;). If u ever need help working on it hit me up! I got a garage and a **** load of tools.

I mostly hit Mulholland / the snake. Here is my whip. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458850898.119330.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458850906.085286.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458850923.317212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts