Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rode during the rain and locked the front tire up in a wet spot. It has vortex clip on bars, and i bent a bar tube, i broke the shifter, and ****** up a frame slider puck. This bike was meant to crash i swear, it did really well, 30 mph and only $60 worth of damage. I'm happy it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
seems you're fine so that's good...any pain at all?

as for the bike like you said, is not that much...lucky!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was wearing a helmet, gloves, a long sleeve shirt, and some military surplus pants. my helmet never touched the ground, my hip hurts, my elbow got scraped but i'm good. Honestly it was no worse than wrecking a bicycle, if not better, my bike took most of the hit. No harm done. I ordered all the parts except the vortex puck for frame slider. Anyone know where the cheapest ones are?

·
Registered
143 Posts
nice, lucky thing you didn't ding the tank, my lowside was at 18mph, and i dinged the tank, broke the brake pedal, rashed the headlight cowl + front fender + the corner of my scorpion can. and the frame slider shattered on impact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this sounds a lot like what happened to me last october. i messed up my leg a little, knocked off the shifter and ground down my frame slider puck. some of the faring got a little scraped too, but i am planning on taking that bit off anyways. i thought it was funny how you mentioned it was like crashing a bicycle because that's one of the first things i thought after i went down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's danger in anything you do. Do what you enjoy!
If you fear motorcycling, then don't do it.
If you can respect your motorcycle and the fact that you might crash someday but not worry about then by all means, get a motorcycle and enjoy yourself.

Most everything fun has some danger to it...

after reading this i'm scared to get a bike.
kkkkk.
yes? no? yes? no?.......

·
Vendor
966 Posts
not vortex but i use these: http://www.oesaccessories.com/ i can say from experience, they do the job just fine. plus, u can replace just one & price is good
Wow, haven't seen those before.

Insert wall thickness is pretty thin. Delrin is the wrong material to use for this application. Too hard, and can break. With the right design, delrin is fine. But not in the conventional slider shape. It machines a lot better than the softer plastic we and other manufacturers use, so that's why some companies like to use it. Thus the nice surface finish, and lower price due to less machining skill needed to churn these out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts