Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some punks stole my bike .......got it back ...wires going to the IG switch are all cut (7 wires total) got the new switch set up ,and it has only four terminals .....seems they sell these so you can by pass some things for "racing" or use separate switches on lights so you can blackout??? .......MY QUESTIONS ARE: how do i hook up the four lead harness; assuming the idiots that stole it tried randomly touching wires together to get it started ,what kind of damage might they have caused......thank-you and PEACE

·
Super Moderator
9,433 Posts
The SV650 gen1 ignition has 6 wires not 7. Maybe you have dual Red wires?
Rectangle Line Font Parallel Pattern

The 4 wire ignition switch is for the SV650 gen2. It can be made to work on your gen1 but the best solution is to get the correct part for your bike.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

Is the main harness hacked or does it still have the stock ignition switch connector? If the connector is still there then all you need is a replacement gen1 ignition, plug-n-play.

As for damage, if Red touched Black/White then the main fuse would have blown but other than that, the bike should be ok.

Welcome to SVR. (y)

Reactions: Geo Smith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the main harness is gone.......the switch is totally screwed up, drilled out etc.and yeah two red wires........thanks for the info by the way

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks like someone is bumping his posts count on purpose ... :unsure:

·
Administrator
11,114 Posts
Looks like someone is bumping his posts count on purpose ... :unsure:
Based on the IP, that account originated in Nigeria. Probably some rich prince trying to buy a bike.

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I i have no idea what that means if your y alking to me..
I was referring to a newcomer (later identified by OfirMX as a possible spammer) that replied with a thumbs up in your thread and other 10 or so in a row, simply to bump his post count (I guess with the purpose of circumventing the minimum post count to access the marketplace).
No harm intended to your thread. ;)

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,165 Posts
Welcome to SVR thomthom. You're in the right place to sort your issues. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts