Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2004 sv1000s,man this thing is a beast.Im in the break in period so I cant pass 6000 rpm has anybody topped it out or done any 1/4 mile or 0-60 runs?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Motorcylist has the 1/4 miles time as a 10.9 @ 126mph. I haven't topped mine out and i don't plan to mine is a naked wich has a little lower gearing than an s model I beleive but mine will do 69mph in 1st 90 something in 2nd and i think I've seen 124 in 3rd. thats the most I've pushed it. They allso have the top gear roll on listed 60-80 as 3.6 seconds

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man this is one sweet bike.I dont plan on driving crazy or driving fast all the time,but its nice to know an adrenaline rush is right around the corner.People keep telling me how nice the bike is Im really glad I didnt go with full on crotch rocket theres to many out there. 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
There was that gent from the UK that posted on his trip to Africa who topped at 167 on the spanish Autobaun. Search for his article on " the edge of the Sahara " or something like that. It was because of that article that I finally decided to get the Sv1000s over the other bikes that I was looking at. Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally passed the 500 mile marks and I hit the bypass and waited for a clearing.I hit 155 before running out of free space.I think that is enough for me,I like my licence to much.I think Im going to do neck exercises before I try it again my head was buffeted around pretty good.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Matt McHenry said:
I think it is suppose to be around 160 MPH.

EDIT

This is ACTUAL speed, not indicated. Indicated will be more like 170+
And what is the actual after speedo error correction???

·
Registered
43 Posts
DougZ said:
And what is the actual after speedo error correction???
The SV1000 is capable of a top speed of 145 mph. I have seen 170 on mine before the Speedohealer install.

0-60 is around 3.0 secs and 1/4 mile I have seen low 11's from novice (not profesional) riders.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
2WIN said:
The SV1000 is capable of a top speed of 145 mph. I have seen 170 on mine before the Speedohealer install.

0-60 is around 3.0 secs and 1/4 mile I have seen low 11's from novice (not profesional) riders.

Cheers
Holy cow...25 mph off....I guess the standard assumed 10% error is not really correct then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Most bikes today have the odometer calibrated at the expense of the speedometer. I suggest everybody buy a Speedohealer! It is super easy to install and setup! The 650S is also run off the front wheel and the 1000 is run off the driven (counter) sprocket shaft. Not that really makes a difference!

·
Registered
30 Posts
when racing my brother here in CA i had mine up to 140 MPH in 5th gear. had to slow it down because i am still not confident with the stock suspension.

I have since installed a set of .90 kg RACETECH fork spring and I am in the slow process of getting the comp and rebound adjusted.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Fastest on speedometer was after i got my slip on 147mph on a slight down hill after a long 5th gear stretch before getting 6th going.
I did run out of space i think it had 150 in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive seen 165 on mine numerous occasions. I think i had 170 in it but had to slow down.
The mechanic at my shop said he topped his at 174.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Portuga said:
Fastest on speedometer was after i got my slip on 147mph on a slight down hill after a long 5th gear stretch before getting 6th going.
I did run out of space i think it had 150 in it.
? 147 out of a 650? what the hell am I doing wrong. I'm wringing almost 130 indicated out of mine and feeling good about it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
acedeluxe said:
? 147 out of a 650? what the hell am I doing wrong. I'm wringing almost 130 indicated out of mine and feeling good about it.
Other then red lining 5th gear before using the 6th, while laying on the gas tank, my bike is a 03 with fuel injection instead of carbs, plus whatever mods i have mentioned in my sig.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ride a 650 and the most I can get of it is 208 Km/h (130mp/h), no wind.

Mods: micron f/s titanium, K&N, G-pack Nikko Racing (same thing as tre-mod), R6 throttle tube, PCIII USB, FG springs (oil, emulators), roadtecs Z-6, stainless steel front brake lines. And thinking about a rear shock.
Oh, frame sliders and chin spoiler as well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Portuga said:
O, plus whatever mods i have mentioned in my sig.
Doh, there's the problem I don't have the chrome radiator grill ;D

Just fukin' with ya ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts