Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, just had all those upgrades installed.
To be honest, I really couldn't feel the difference power from stock. How much HP should my O5' SVS have gained?

I love the sound of the exhaust though, whenever I pull up to a light and someone hears my bike they look at me like I'm riding on a UFO.
Those cruiser guys look over in disbelief when they hear it too.

Have one major problem though, I'm pretty sure the bike is running rich now (I can smell gas in the exhaust, it didn't smell like this b4). I haven't had it tuned on a dyno yet and was wondering if it's possible with a PC on stock settings to make my bike run rich.
Does anyone have a map for a 05 svs and yoshi exhaust?
Appreciate any help here.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
with filter, exhaust and the proper map you should see a big difference.

Pull a plug and see if it's fouled... if it is then you're running rich.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they did it at my dealership. And I have a 6 yr warranty and service plan. If they set up my bike running rich and it fouled a plug they will have to pay for it, so I will probably bring it back to them.
If a plug was fouled though it wouldn't be firing on each cylinder right?
I know both cylinders are firing, i can hear and feel (through the exhaust) both of them.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Sounds like you ave it all installed but not set up right. I have an M4 full system, stock ari filter and no PC III and I noticed a huge difference fron stock.

Even Yoshimura admits that their systems make very little power over stock. They're more for looks and sound...which of course is great :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes..it should make a very noticable difference. I did go and get dyno tuned which is what you should do. Your PCIII prolly has a generic map in it and dyno tuning will get it much closer. After doing mine with only a yoshi slip on...filter and desnorkle....im getting just over 75 hp at the rear wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts