Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a full Hindle, tank raised and K&N air filter. I'm using the jet kit instructions and the bike runs well (146 DJ mains, 3 turns, 3rd notch on needles).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nick I'm going to cheaper route with just making my own jet kit and stock filter with snorkey cut out. For raising the tank, is that a DIY kinda thing? Anyone got a tutorial? Or where can I buy risers?

As for the Titanium exhaust, what is the real weigh savings over stock? thanks!

N

·
0 Posts
Bster13 said:
Thanks very much NC.  How where would I find me some delrin or UHMW scraps?  And what is UHMW?  Thanks.
Delrin and UHMW (ultra high molecular weight) are high density industrial plastics, the kind of stuff they make roller skate wheels etc out of. I think you can get Delrin at the hardware store or you may be able to pick up a scrap at a machine shop, as it's fairly common stuff. The only reason I'd use it instead of Al is that it won't corrode. Other than that, there's no secret mojo to it.

:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bster13 said:
Thanks very much NC. How where would I find me some delrin or UHMW scraps? And what is UHMW? Thanks.
I went to Lowes and looked in the nuts 'n' bolts section... they actually have nylon spacers, naturally i needed longer bolts and that was probably the hardest part to find... the spacers cost < 1.00 USD for a set of two 1/2 inch spacers, I got two sets (2 + 2 = 4) but found I had to shave one of them down a fraction leaving my total spacing just under 1 inch...

I did the desnorkel -- I recommeded it only on 1st gens

I installed a DynoJet jet kit I picked up for 40.00 USD -- haven't been dissapointed by it yet

If you're doing performance changes I recommend looking at an ignition advance, you can get these for ~ 20.00 USD and they make loads of difference...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts