Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys just putting this out there for thought. The time is coming soon for the just for fun run (July).
l will post the dates as we get closer. Just trying to put a bug in peoples ear;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The just for fun run is a good NON-spirited ride down to Luneburg and a bite to eat. It has been a hit or miss...we lose a few and gain a few riders.

I also try and do a few rides throughout the summer. Again hit or miss. Try to get all rides to end with food (good way to get know people).

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
using my powers of deduction, i'm assuming "NON-Spirited" means leisurely?
You are correct...I find if we end up with a good group then speed just adds to the "look at us officer" senario, and it is good to have a nice relaxing ride now and then.

When I first started this run there was the possibility of having several bikers with little time in the seat, so I decided to make it also enjoyable for them, that way everyone was going on a nice ride and the lesser experienced did not feel pressured to ride outside of their skill.

Just kept it that way, and everyone always seems to comment on how nice of a ride it was.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took it as, not killing yourself, and ending up as a spirit. LOL
That too. I just find that people seem to enjoy the relaxing ride as opposed to a race down there, and it seems there are many rides for people to spread their wings. At my age things heal much...slower;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not to mention, a "spirited" ride on those roads would require a lot of attention. Some tight turns, hidden driveways and sand traps to be wary of

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got out yesterday and did the Windsor, Rawdon, Milford loop. About 2 and half hours in the saddle with one leak break. And no major ill effects from it, I may be able to handle this riding position yet.

Been watching the handlebar conversion threads with some interest. LOL

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We did a nice loop last year ending at the True North Cafe. Good ride, great food.

Anyone who is gonna go on the fun run...bring cameras so we can post some pics.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to know. Last years vid was pretty clear and neat to watch.

Sent from my Nextbook7

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'll shoot at the right resolution this time, hopefully the lighting will be better :)

Planning a camera upgrade after the bike upgrade....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts