Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , so I thought I would put this out there...last year we had a Just for fun to Lunenburg run. Alot of people said they were gonna go, but only one from this forum made it. I do believe the weather had a large roll to play.

So here it is again and we will do the same run. The tentative date is the 16th of July, rain date would be the 30th of July.

So you have been told...if you are looking to go, let me know or pm me and I will give you the details.

Last year we ended up with about 7 or 8 bikes and it was a good time and a good ride.

There is no fee, this just a good ride. As a side not you do not have to have a Sv, just a desire to have a good ride.

Hope to see you there.:fiddy::fiddy::fiddy::fiddy::fiddy:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mentioned this to my buddy, and he's up for it, just has to check his work schedule ....

That good, the more the better. Just remind him that it will be a nice tame ride , not a burn down.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Will do, I think he can reign in the TLR :)
He's a responsible guy, with kids,

Is the plan the same route as last year, or different one this time?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do, I think he can reign in the TLR :)
He's a responsible guy, with kids,

Is the plan the same route as last year, or different one this time?

I plan to do the same run as last year.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ahhh new chain/sprockets and shoues going on tomorrow...

Got a rough estimate on the round trip KM's? calculating gas budget :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK kiddies, long range for the "Just for Fun Run" calls for sun, sun, and more sun. Although it is long range and this is Nova Scotia Iam crossing my fingers for good weather.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sweet, new chain and sprockets are installed, will be a good work-in for them....
Slightly different gear ratio now, back to stock (16-35), took the old sprockets off to find a 15 up front

·
Registered
183 Posts
sweet!
I'm excited, so what time are we meeting and is it at the same place as last time (shoppers joe howe?)
also I think I'll be bringing the GF along this time... hopefully no excessive whining will occur...hahahah

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet!
I'm excited, so what time are we meeting and is it at the same place as last time (shoppers joe howe?)
also I think I'll be bringing the GF along this time... hopefully no excessive whining will occur...hahahah

Yes we will meet at Shoppers on Jo-Howe. We can can meet for 8am and leave between 8:15 and 8:30 same as last year.

Still calling for good weather so I hope to see you all there. I do not think we will eat at the same place as last year(too expensive) Got a new place in mind.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ok cool.
yeah it was a bit upscale for us biker-folk. but still... they had beer.
See you on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
344 Posts
All is looking good here.... bike feeling much better after the chain/sprockets change...
Gonna be a loooooong day after the run I gotta get home do a few things then head out to a party outside New Glasgow, got a fill-in gig as a bass player for that one.. so some coin for the trouble :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
so about how many bikes on the run tomorrow??
both of the guys I had lined up to come along have other plans, oh well.
should be a good time though and hopefully nice weather too !... all day !

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so about how many bikes on the run tomorrow??

Really, it could be anybodys guess. I figure plus or minus about the same as last year. Oh well, maybe some year we will get alot!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, it was a fun , albeit soggy run..... I do have a 5 min vid leading into Peggy's Cove, Will get it uploaded tomorrow somewhere and linked in....

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, thanks to all who came on the fun run. Unfortunately we got the rain we were not supposed to get. Even thought the rain was coming down the spirits were high.

I hope everyone had fun even though the weather did not want to cooperate, and there is next year. Maybe we will try to get out and go on another ride.

ZaGhost, I hope Kevin had a good time, I know it is not the fast runs he is used to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts