Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy and I just did our suspensions on our bikes. We both have 650S's mine a 05 his a 03. Both of us went with the zx14 rear shock and SonicSprings front with 20wt oil.

I have not had a chance to really take it for a good ride, but just coming home from his house it was a HUGE difference!! If you are on the fence about doing your suspension.. DO IT!!

I also need to do a little PR for Pit Bull. I live in Huntsville, AL.. where Pit Bull calls home. I contacted them via their website just trying to find out if I could buy a stand direct from them without them having to ship it (across town basically). I must admit I was a little surprised when I not only got a quick reply, but it was from the president of the company. We talked back and forth via email, and I let him know that I wanted to buy a front stand, but right now money is a little tight. I also explained that my friend and I wanted to do our forks before our track day in a couple months. He told me to come by and I could just borrow a front stand to do my install. So needless to say, Pit Bull just sold 2 more stands (my friend and I will both be buying eventually).. it is one thing to have a great product.. but going above and beyond to help out what is basically a complete stranger.. now that is just service! So special thanks goes out to Charlie V.!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have to disagree. After using a friend's T-Rex rear stand I'm glad I spent the money on Pit Bull units. Sure, the T-Rex rear stand lifted the bike and allowed me to do what I needed to do, but it flexed quite a bit and seemed flimsy. The Pit Bull stands seem like they could lift a car! They'll probably outlast the bike...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I will agree with the Pit Bull being the king of stands. I've had the T-Rex for two seasons now with the bike on the front and rear both winters (MN sucks!) plus plenty of time during the riding season with no flaws or problems. I am sure that is the risk though with half the price stands, hit or miss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts