Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ride with an ipod touch and earphones on and I know a lot of other people do as well. I've always been frustrated trying to control my ipod with gloves on. I came across this little guy today and ordered one off of ebay. The msrp is $69.95 but you can get them for $16.99 on ebay shipped. I was sold. I'm gonna make a mounting bracket for the handlebars and bolt this guy on as soon as I get it. Should make ipod navigation much easier.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Whoa! That is awesome, I'm in the same boat with my ipod. Usually just make a playlist and go. But that is sweet, the pause esp. would be nice when you stop here and there but dont wanna take your lid off or your gloves! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Thank you! I found it online.

Any first hand experiences with this thing? It sounds like an awesome solution! My nano wheel doesn't work with gloves on and sometimes the volume on songs just bumps up crazy loud but i can't turn it down. Sometimes, I just yank it out from the ipod because I can't turn it down or get it out of my ears.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Yeah, that is cool. I only really listen to music on longer trips, but it sucks not having control over the music/volume while riding. You just have to pick a playlist and hope it doesn't suck. Going through northern Arizona this summer I kept picking a list, and the first song is a good volume so I take off. Then the next awesome Warren Zevon song is whisper quiet as it is older, and the next crappy goth song my friend put on my computer is 747 engine loud. I didn't listen much the second day to say the least.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks for the tip. The people I ride with are getting tired of me shaking my head and pointing to my ears when they try to talk to me. I just picked one up for $6.50 shipped.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
i had one of these, and lost the remote(fell off on the interstate), didnt feel like spending msrp again. thanks for the heads up. This remote works awesome, i think you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got mine...no more trying to fumble around to get the stupid ipod out then turn it down...oh wait let me get my gloves off...god this song sucks...

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the tip. The people I ride with are getting tired of me shaking my head and pointing to my ears when they try to talk to me. I just picked one up for $6.50 shipped.
Nice! I didn't even search ebay for the cheapest price. I just got excited when I saw 16.95 shipped and i said **** yeah I'll take one! apparently there are auctions on these starting as low as $1.

·
Registered
44 Posts
whoa. awesome. How is the battery life on the remote?

Man this thing is a half step closer, but i'm STILL waiting for bluetooth earbuds!! (and they gotta be cheap!) so anybody out there with a shrink ray can you transduce some for me? thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i'm STILL waiting for bluetooth earbuds!! (and they gotta be cheap!) so anybody out there with a shrink ray can you transduce some for me? thanks.
Looked at the Jabra BT3030? It's uses A2DP bluetooth tech. I considered it for my BB, but my BB isnt A2DP so it wont work for me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it's just a wireless remote for your ipod. I'm just planning on making a simple bracket to bolt it to my handlebars or something and it'll be the perfect ipod controller. No more having to stop and fuss with your ipod and like wcj said no more pointing at your helmet and trying to tell people you can't hear them cause you can't turn your music off. Plus it's designed to be used with gloves on so the buttons are easy to push and it's water resistant. Pretty much the perfect remote for a motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts