Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and ordered a macro lens for my dSLR. I've been vacillating over doing it for a few months and finally decided that I might as well go for it.

This is what I ordered: http://olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/lens/dea/products/lens/35_35M/index.asp

I was actually looking for an OM mount macro, since I could use it on the film body and with my adaptor on the dSLR. Unfortunately, I can't find any good ones that shoot a 1:1 for less than several hundred. Oh well, I'm mostly going to be using the 50mm prime on the OM 10 anyway.

Will probably get here on Saturday on Monday. I'll post pics soon after I get it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
my boss just bought a macro lens a few weeks ago. he has some kind of bellows hooked up to it somehow, not sure of the specifics. anyways, he took a shot of a spiders head (the whole spider was probably the size of this "o") long story short the spider head filled up a 21" widescreen monitor. you can see all the eyes and even the fangs. in other words, macro lenses are the bomb-diggety

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my boss just bought a macro lens a few weeks ago. he has some kind of bellows hooked up to it somehow, not sure of the specifics. anyways, he took a shot of a spiders head (the whole spider was probably the size of this "o") long story short the spider head filled up a 21" widescreen monitor. you can see all the eyes and even the fangs. in other words, macro lenses are the bomb-diggety
Bellows are pretty tough to use, but yeah, macro = bomb-diggity... giggity giggity.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OM mount? Do you mean the reverse mounts they have for the 50mm that turns it into a serious macro lens?
Olympus OM system

I have my dad's old OM-10 + a few lenses. I can also use those lenses on my E-410 dSLR (manual eveything) with an adaptor. I figured that since macro is best done in manual, I might as well look for a lens than can be used on both. No such luck. I also didn't want to reverse an existing lens because I want the option to gain multiple perspectives on the same subject in and out of macro, smoothly.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Just remember your depth of field is going to be paper thin, so stop down all the way and focus with care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts