Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Is it VIR North or Shenandoah?

Is it July 21st and 22nd, or June?

Shenandoah is Summit Point, in WV. VIR is Virginia.

Oh yeah, and it's Team Pro-Motion, not Motion Pro, and they don't have a track day listed for July 21st or 22nd.

;D

The $199 track day is for ART level 1 which is at VIR on the 22nd of June. The one at Shenandoah on the 21st is ART II, which doesn't include equipment and isn't for track newbs, but is suggested after you have a few track days.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both lol. The 21st is at Shenandoah and 22 at VIR, yes.

My buddy here said he's got a "hookup with a guy" who says he can get the ART I on the 22nd. He said he'll let me know in the next couple of days.

I know I'd need ART I (is there anything lower? lol).

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Keep me in the loop on this. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Both lol. The 21st is at Shenandoah and 22 at VIR, yes.

My buddy here said he's got a "hookup with a guy" who says he can get the ART I on the 22nd. He said he'll let me know in the next couple of days.

I know I'd need ART I (is there anything lower? lol).
They don't show the ART 1 as available at Summit on that day, but you're friend would certainly know better than I would. I don't have any hookups.

I wish I could do it. I definitely could use one, and would enjoy it, but it's not gonna happen this year.

The sad part? I now live 10 minutes from Summit Point.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Nope ART I is were it all starts!!;D

Grrr...that's in July...I don't know why I thought that it was in June.

Schedule (cause you made me look):
Shenandoah....June 21
VIR North........June 22 (Mon)
Shenandoah....July 11/12
VIR North........August 3 (Mon)
Shenandoah....August 29
VIR Patriot......Sept 13
VIR North........Sept 14 (Mon)
Shenandoah....Oct 24/25

The plan as it stands is to do at least one track day each month....now I just have to decide which ones. Although I am determined to do at least on Monday on VIR North!!!

I'm definitely up for meeting up with you all. I'll know more once I have confirmation on the Dragon/Rally.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Me and at least one other, tonysv650 will be at VIR North on monday the 22nd.
Nooooooo....so you all are not going to do Shenandoah on the 21st? You will be missed:'(

Of course this Rally thing doesn't seem to be materializing for me...so if I cancel three days of vacation....I'll have plenty of time to do VIR North;D Although I will be insanely tired from the riding and driving alone. Might need to see if Doc plans to attend both events.

That's what I'm thinkin. :) And now that I have access to a small trailer, it's actually doable! :)
Let me know if you're going to make it. It'll be a good day to meet some of the MD clan! (although....I do already know you;))

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Ooooh, how much room do you have on that trailer? ;D
It's really small. Two bikes is a squeeze. Actually it's B-Rads. But since I refinished it for him, I get to borrow it. :)

Let me know if you're going to make it. It'll be a good day to meet some of the MD clan! (although....I do already know you;))
I most certainly will dear. Ooooh, then we could see if I've gotten faster than you. (doubt it ;))

So this is sort of a cornering class then, and not a straight up trackday?

You're not going to the Rally now? I am saddened. :(

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts

So this is sort of a cornering class then, and not a straight up trackday?

You're not going to the Rally now? I am saddened. :(
I think this a regular track day. I hadn't heard anything otherwise. Hmm....if I remember...it's white and red only. Although...I don't remember and I don't have time to look.

Rally...no one else seemed to want to go on Wednesday...and I have no one to lodge with. So, it looks like I'm out. DARN the Navy for keeping my original cabin mates as sea.:mad:

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I think this a regular track day. I hadn't heard anything otherwise. Hmm....if I remember...it's white and red only. Although...I don't remember and I don't have time to look.
I don't know what white and red groups mean. One is Novice and the other is Intermediate?

I just wanna get my arse on a racetrack again. (Well, not with my arse actually touching the track. :p)

Rally...no one else seemed to want to go on Wednesday...and I have no one to lodge with. So, it looks like I'm out. DARN the Navy for keeping my original cabin mates as sea.:mad:
That is lame. :( Bruce and Mike aren't going either? Vici and Duc? You could probably get a room at the lodge if you wanted. But I have no clue how much they cost or what the accomodations are.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
...That is lame. :( Bruce and Mike aren't going either? Vici and Duc? You could probably get a room at the lodge if you wanted. But I have no clue how much they cost or what the accomodations are.
Because of my surgery I wasn't sure if I would make it....so once Mike dropped out....it was safest for Bruce to find a place to lay his head. I'm not upset, just sad that I have no one to travel with, and Harsh, Nexus, and Fatkid will all be MIA too:'(

Have you checked with some of the other girls to see if you could crash with them? Kelley, Suzanne, Heatherg11... Might be worth a try.
Hmm....didn't think about that. It's a very good point, but I'm pretty sure that they a booked solid too. I'm not much for sofa living, so even if I could find a roommate for the lodge...I'd be okay.

Hoping I can do the June 22nd date. SV should be good to go by then. =) We need to enter the race.
Wooohoo...so you'll be bringing the SV for that one? Sweet. Okay...chances of me going are on the rise...although I really want to meet up with the MD SVR crowd. I don't think I can hack 21 & 22 at different tracks, traveling alone.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
What exactly needs to be done to make a bike minimally track legal? We have a pickup now, so at least I wouldn't have to ride there and could prep the bike ahead of time.
TPM has the guidelines posted, but for the Novice class (White), it really doesn't take anything.

- Bike needs to be mechanically sound (double check brakes, etc).
- No Mirrors
- Removal or take over all lights/lenses (best to disconnect as well)
- Removal of reflectors
- Plenty of tire tread (they don't actually measure...especially for white
- Name and shift pattern taped to tank
- NO LEAKS

That's about it for white class. I bought a bike in Baltimore on Saturday...test road it Saturday night, took it to the track, changed the tires, taped up the lights, and passed tech inspection! So, it's very easy to prepare for White class.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts