Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there isn't much out there about JRi, I wanted to post my impressions after racing on it for the first time this last weekend. I was having fitment issues with my Ohlins on my 2005 SV650, and with a 10 week build time from Penske, JRi pulled through and hooked me up with a shock in a week.

http://www.jrishocks.com/

Looks
Build quality is awesome. The remote res hose is a little on the long side, but their nifty hose pivot system opens up a lot of possibilities for mounting location.

Performance
Awesome. I switched to Bridgestone slicks this season and they stuck like glue paired to this shock coming out of corners. The shock was consistent throughout the entire day.

Results
I was only able to race on Saturday, but finished in 5th in Supertwins (behind RCs and Ducatis), and 2nd in both Superbike and GP (behind a 93 hp SV). I ran my best time ever on this course by almost a second, but most importantly I wouldn't have been able to do any racing if they hadn't gotten me a shock so quickly.

I'll update this post with some pictures once our awesome photographers at www.momentumphoto.net get some highlights from the weekend posted.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I haven't ridden on that, but I know that brand sounds familiar. A shock is a shock, but it looks pretty close to a Penske as far as design. I'd like to have one to pull apart and check out the internal differences, since that IS what matters.

Oh yeah, glad to hear you were able to get to the track. Too bad it had to cost so much though. Oh well, as long as you thought it was worth it (which I'm sure you do).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.