Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 textile pants today. Went for a 40 mile ride. They are pretty comfortable but I now need to buy tank pads because they slip on the bare tank. I bought the medium tall so I would gaurantee they would be long enough. They fit well and attach to my JR jacket. :p

They dont let any wind in through the bottom and have adjustable and removable knee pads. They also have thin hip pads that dont even feel like they are there when you have them on. I took the knee pads out and will see how they feel tomorrow. ;D

They have an inner liner for cold and wet weather and have zippers that run up near the hip that make it easy to put on. I am very pleased with the pants and would reccomend them to anyone. I payed $125 shipped. Great deal for the price. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I've got a pair of these, got 'em about 2 weeks ago.

I like them because they give a lot better protection than blue jeans and they help in cold weather. I got mine big enough to put on over my work clothes and they do well in that regard. The zippers at the bottom of the legs make getting them on and off much easier.

There are two velcro adjusters on the waist to take up to 4" off of the waist size, handy when you want to use the pants without jeans underneath (or if you get one of those programs they offer on TV where you can lose 25 lbs. in two weeks ;D ). The adjustments give a lot of flexibility that non-adjustable pants just can't offer.

These pants don't fit like racing attire, but for utility purposes, they are very practical. I haven't used them without the removable liner, so I can't say how they will work out when the weather heats up.

At $125 or so these pants offer a lot. It's a lot better to have a mishap with these pants on than without....

·
Registered
290 Posts
i crashed and slid about 50-75feet in these. hip padding made a huge difference. i had a nasty bruise, but would have been much worse without the extra cushion. they melted and shredded badly in a few places, but not all the way through. i had no rash or wear of any kind on my paper thin scrub pants underneath. unfortunately its a textile though, so they were totally shot. one and done.....

they are also very warm even down to the high 20's with a pair of thermals underneath, and totally waterproof for my 20 minute commute even in super heavy rain.

and i need tall sizes, so these are just about perfect for an all textile pant.

liked em so much i bought a new pair to replace my crashed ones. though my new pair did come with a finicky front zipper that i had to monkey with. i hear zipper problems are not uncommon on joe rocket stuff.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been riding in a pair of these for almost a year, and love them. Easy on/off, and roll up and stuff into my Cortech Sport Saddlebags. I've worn them down to ~40 without the liners over jeans, and they were great for trips 30-45 minutes (anything longer, or colder, I probably would've wanted the liners and/or thermals). They're also good for warm weather up to ~80-85 over shorts, but I did buy a pair of the Phoenix all-mesh pants to wear when it gets really warm. My one complaint is that the rings that the waist straps feed trough tend to twist up, but I don't think it affects the function or comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts