Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the tribe this week in the Denver area by purchasing a 01 SVS. I'm a noob. I took the MSF class a couple weeks ago. After getting a helmet, gloves, and armored jacket I tooled around neighborhood side streets today. It was pretty cool that kids on their scooters were yelling and waving at me.

Anyway, glad to be aboard but is there some sort of trial period before someone can post photos on this forum?

Ridesyeti

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There shouldn't be a min post count to post photos. All you need to do is upload them somewhere online (flickr, photobucket, ...).

Then use the image tags ([ /img], note there is an extra space between the [ and / in the second tag, remove that for your post) and insert the url to the picture between the tags. To find the url, right click on your picture and click properties, then cut/paste the url.

So it should look something like [img] [url]http://www.flikr.com/yourphoto[/url] [/ img] (with spaces again so it will display as text here.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Welcome aboard. Can you feel the love already?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those of you familiar with Denver I rode from Arvada to Golden on side streets in the morning. Then through downtown Golden and up Lookout Mountain which is my home road cycling climb. That twisty mountain road was educational. Next I took 93 north for my first highway speed ride. All in all a beautiful day.

Ridesyeti

·
Registered
261 Posts
For those of you familiar with Denver I rode from Arvada to Golden on side streets in the morning. Then through downtown Golden and up Lookout Mountain which is my home road cycling climb. That twisty mountain road was educational. Next I took 93 north for my first highway speed ride. All in all a beautiful day.

Ridesyeti
I stayed in Arvada for a while, back in 2005. Down by Pomona. I was not into motorcycles at the time but I remember there being some killer twisties up in the mountains!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was going north on 93 today! I was taking it home after my ride up through the canyon to Nederland. I made a big loop via coal creek canyon. I agree, it was quite a beautiful day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swenke, perhaps we crossed paths? It was pretty cool that fellow motorcyclists were give me the wave on day two. Harelys or sport bikes. Didn't matter. Kinda like the mountain bike community.

NtJordan below is were Lookout is. Its near Hwy 6 but its not a major artery. In fact the road is so popular with bicyclists that some times motor vehicles just don't belong there. Lookout is one of my favorite places in Colorado second to Loveland Pass. I went down slower on my SV then I descend on my road bicycle since today was only my second day riding.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2618971

Here's a video of Lookout. They really aren't on Lookout Mountain proper until 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B_CVDELiME

Edit.....now that I'm watching this vid that's about how fast I go down on my bicycle!!! LOL!

Ridesyeti

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ridesyeti,
Congrats on the purchase. I suspect you picked up that one that I recommended a few weeks ago...Red...Co Springs? Be safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. That's the bike I bought. Thanks for sending that my way. I hadn't looked in The Springs. I felt really good purchasing from those particular sellers. They were a couple with a pair of SVS's. They decided to go with more touring bikes. He is a ABATE instructor. I didn't feel comfortable riding it up from The Springs on I-25 so the trailored it up for me. Its in great condition. They hadn't ridden it for a while so it was stalling out when idling. But that seems to be getting better with fresh gas.

Ridesyeti

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yep. That's the bike I bought. Thanks for sending that my way. I hadn't looked in The Springs. I felt really good purchasing from those particular sellers. They were a couple with a pair of SVS's. They decided to go with more touring bikes. He is a ABATE instructor. I didn't feel comfortable riding it up from The Springs on I-25 so the trailored it up for me. Its in great condition. They hadn't ridden it for a while so it was stalling out when idling. But that seems to be getting better with fresh gas.

Ridesyeti
Cool. I'd get some Seafoam from the autoparts store and run it through for a couple tanks as well. If that doesn't help, then you might be looking at taking the carbs off to clean everything out. However, the fact that it starts and runs is a good sign. They can't be too gummed up.

Let see some pictures too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts