Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag. It is magnet mounted and I do not have a bike with a metal tank anymore so my loss is your gain. This was the larger of the two tank bags that I have had, it is pretty god sized, with a carrying handle for when you are off the bike and do not want to leave it.

It has been used, but not abused. No tears, stains, etc. This is a stock picture

This link on Rev Zilla has a couple of nice, zoom-able pics as well to get an idea for the pockets and size of the bag.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-rocket-manta-xl-tank-bag?utm_source=product&kwd=&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CJqWnIfxprECFQ67KgodMTYA-w

$55 shipped in the lower 48.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you have a pic of it from your old SV I will make an offer. Been looking at this one but really would like to know how it fits.

I have an icon tank bag and it walks all over the place bc the magnets are itty bitty. Just trying to avoid this and hope to learn from another SVR'ers experiences

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I have any pics of it on the bike, but I can take some tomorrow evening when I get home next to a reference object so that you can see the size of both the bag and how big the magnets are.

The bag is held in place by 4 magnets, each pretty good sized, with a rubberized backing. I never had a problem with it moving around on the tank, even at high speeds, or in the rain. The magnet are placed in a diamond formation, so that the front fits in the flat spot on the top of the tank, with the back behind the gas cap and one on each side of the tank.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great bag, Ive had 1 for a couple years now, the XL is def the better version. I can fit a good sized lunch or pair of shoes in here pretty easily. Also has a special slot for cellphone/MP3. And yes, the magnets are very strong, as soon as they get near my tank they latch on hard and fast. GLWS

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks equipt. I've had 5 or 6 tankbags over the years, this was by far my favorite. If I had a bike with a metal tank I would be keeping it.

Here are a few pics to show the size. Sorry for the crappy quality.

It also has a waterproof rainfly, I don't think I ever used it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I will take it if you still have it. My Nelson Rigg is getting really ratty :)

PM coming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts