Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the sticky jetting thread but still need some advice from one of you carb experts.

The previous owner had desnorkled, installed a slip-on, 142 main jets and 3 turns on the AF screws and it ran well. I did a cam swap and before doing anything to the carb it would stumble, mildly, in the mid-range. Then I installed 17.5 pilots, 2.5 turns on the A/F, 147 mains, 2 shims on the needles and now it runs AWFUL, it idles OK, but above idle to high RPM it is in stumble stumble mode. After a short 5-mile ride (which I realize is not long enought to get a truly accurate reading), I pulled a plug for inspection, the insulator looks normal and the electrode is gray. Any advice?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't know what your problem is, but perhaps you should go back to the original setup and then change one thing at a time. That way, you know the effect of each change on how the bike runs. Since you changed 4 thing it could be any one of them, or a combination that caused your problem.

Everything you did increased fuel flow. Perhaps it was already too rich after your cam swap???

Good luck
Mikemo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts