Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever i'm on the highway or cruising at constant rpm's, the bike jerks back and forth slightly, but the revs never change on the tach.

What could cause this? Loose chain? Any help would be appreciated

Scott

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
digidelia said:
Whenever i'm on the highway or cruising at constant rpm's, the bike jerks back and forth slightly, but the revs never change on the tach.

Scott
Sounds like you're on the right track. The more slack you have in your chain, the jerkier it will be. Sounds like you have too much.

·
Registered
430 Posts
is the chain loose? mine has never done that that I know of with a loose chain. I would guess carb sync needs to be done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jerking at constant RPM normally points to running too lean from my experience. Is it all RPM or certain ranges like 3300-3800?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was doing this the other day, and I noticed I had neglected to turn the choke all the way off. Turned the choke off and it quit doing that. I would check to be sure the choke cable is working properly and that the choke isn't sticking.

Kurt

G

·
kkesler said:
Mine was doing this the other day, and I noticed I had neglected to turn the choke all the way off. Turned the choke off and it quit doing that. I would check to be sure the choke cable is working properly and that the choke isn't sticking.

Kurt
choke whats that hehe.
i dont think i have used my choke since i baught the bike

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
digidelia said:

Scott

is it completly stock bike, with no carb or jettig mods? if so it could be just the normal surging you get from stock carb settings

G

·
I have an '02 SV (ya its naked) but has this same problem, it is totally stock. I was reading the owners manual and it shows that there should be .8-1.2" of play in the chain. Mine seams to be about 1.5" of play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts