Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
I have the F-16 on a 99 naked. I am 5'8" and its stops the wind up to about 60 mph. I will post some pictures after the weekend.

National Cycle has good pictures on their web site on these and several more that fit the SV-650.

www.nationalcycle.com

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I also have the F16 on a naked 2000. It's my winter shield and works great are blocking the wind off my chest. When I had teh SM Type 1 bars on, I only got wind to my helmet and upper shoulders. Now with the stock bars, it's moremid chest. I get less turbulence this way and my passenger now get none. Before my wife could barely hang on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the taller F-16 touring shield for about a half hour but it directed the wind right at my adam's apple no matter how I adjusted it or how I positioned my body and practically choked me at HW speeds.  When I tucked behind it there was tons of turbulence above my helmet and shoulders.  So I sent it back to Chaparral to exchange for the shorter f-16.  Hope they don't hassle me about using the first one.  This was a couple weeks ago. Still waiting for the replacement. Can't wait to try it.  I've heard great things about the performance of Givi screens but they're a little too pricey for me.  Maybe I'll end up trying a Givi though if this one doesn't work out  ::)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are these a LOT tall than say a Buell flyscreen?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Strick said:
Are these a LOT tall than say a Buell flyscreen?
Yes. If you're talking surface area, I'd say that the F-16 touring shield is about 4 times larger than the flyscreen and I'm thinking that the F-16 Sport shield will be maybe 3 times larger. There's more surface area on the F-16's. Who knows, maybe I'll decide to go to a flyscreen if the smaller F-16 makes a lot of turbulence too. I guess some *quality* wind protection is better than nothing. When I say *quality* I mean reasonably clean airflow w/ minimal turbulence. I'll just experiment until I find one I guess. I think since people are all different sizes if one person says his shield works good for him, someone else may not have the same experience.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
THe F16 is huge compared to the BUell screen. I'd say at least twice the surface area for wind blockage. COuld be more. But I know it's a huge improvement over the Buell screen.

And it doesn't look too bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts