Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A second, slightly more road worthy machine - The DRZ is great fun, but I do miss the SV quite a bit (wanna nother 1G) but I'm also thinking of something like a project "CB" of sorts or something "cafe" oriented - donno. Thoughts along those lines? - no scooters.........thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
A second, slightly more road worthy machine - The DRZ is great fun, but I do miss the SV quite a bit (wanna nother 1G) but I'm also thinking of something like a project "CB" of sorts or something "cafe" oriented - donno. Thoughts along those lines? - no scooters.........thoughts?
There might be a former racebike for sale in Oklahoma..... :vroom:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
There might be a former racebike for sale in Oklahoma..... :vroom:
That would be true, but it doesn't have a title and would need a new wiring harness to have any kind of lights.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Buy a new Gladius, and be the first person to make a cafe project out of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Go look on CL for a CB550/750 or similar. You can usually find one for under a grand. I picked up mine for $300 and its slowly becoming a cafe racer. Or go to www.dotheton.com and look in the for sale section.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
As much as I love vintage bikes, and cafe style bikes in particular, it sounds like you already have your short range, fun bike in the form of the DRZ.

I wouldnt add a vintage bike before I added something more contemporary that offered longer range possibilities. You already have a single so you should get a twin at the very least. You can always do a vintage cafe project later ..

Ist gen cafe would be nice:

or perhaps a Honda Hawk:

If you simply must have an old CB (which is completely understandable in my world) try to make it look like this ... one of my favorites:

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
hawk or 1g sv

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As much as I love vintage bikes, and cafe style bikes in particular, it sounds like you already have your short range, fun bike in the form of the DRZ.

I wouldnt add a vintage bike before I added something more contemporary that offered longer range possibilities. You already have a single so you should get a twin at the very least. You can always do a vintage cafe project later ..
You're right - probably another G1 sv is order.....that's the way I've been leaning since unloading my old trooper.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want one.. and dream about it.. But no cash anywhere!
I hear ya. I wanted one bad for quite a while - crazy fun to ride for sure.
Here she is. About to get new bars.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
^^^ is this guy still breathing or did you guys already trample him?
I wasn't joking. Well, not completely. ;)

Where some may see "ghey" marketing & ugly plastic, I am seeing a blank canvas waiting for a creative soul to customize it beyond our wildest dreams.

Look around here at what people have done to the 'lowly' SV. There are some real pieces of art riding around out there. :D

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Getcha one of these...

I'd love to, trust me.

This is gonna be a second bike and I have a budget that doesn't allow a "Triple" unfortunately. I need a cheap platform that I can work on......

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
An older one would be quite budget friendly but isn't quite as delightful as the latest iteration...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts