Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, thanks to this community. Every time I have run into an issue with my bike, this is the first place I check. So much experience and good info here!

Anyway, I'm Cory. I currently live in Duluth, MN, but my 23 year old existence has been split up about equally between 3 states (AK, WI, and MN), and I don't know where I'm headed next. (I should actually be looking for jobs right now - contract job is over at the end of the month.) The SV is my third moto (preceded by a 250 Nighthawk and a 250 Ninja) and I'll have had it for three years on Sep 1st! SV's about to roll over the 30,000 mile mark and I foresee plenty more in the future.

I bought my first bike when I turned 18, much to my parent's dismay. Haha. Used to be in it for the twisties, but my riding style has changed quite a bit in the last year+. Too many encounters with nature and too many morons wrecking on group rides! Kinda ruined it for me! I've been lucky - no serious incidents for me, although I've had plenty of close calls (I'm sure there's a thread for that.) I did a two-up ride to Canada last weekend (almost 600mi :):-*) ...been really getting into packing up and just going recently. Did a moto trip around Lake Michigan with some buddies in 2010 and it was a riot. I'm looking make a long trip again, and since I'm gonna be unemployed, it will happen for sure in about a month! (open to suggestions..:ears:)

I'm looking to put a rack and hard bags on the bike in the near future, so I've been frequenting this place a bit more. Also, this might belong in another thread, but I'll take input if you have it. I haven't checked the valves and I don't plan on it... there seems to be mixed opinions on the necessity of this.. opinions?

Bleh.. Enough of that.. more bike?

2000 SV650N
-Woodcraft clip-ons with front signals relocated out of necessity
-Full M4 exhaust
-Front cylinder rain fix (took me way to long to take care of that! ugh)
-CBR1K R/R wired in after stock one died.
-Big ol' tankbag and soft saddle bags for trippin'
-Cigarette socket wired in
-GPS w/ RAM mount
-Probably some other unimportant **** I forgot

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Yay! Happy to see another "local"! Definitely head over to the SE MN thread. We meet up with some frequency for rides if you ever want to make the trip down!

We need pics of the bike before we can officially roll out the Welcome. It's a requirement. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts