Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
are the markr lights on the gas tank???

oh and yah i don't think i like it not as attractive as the sv. plus I-4's suck big time!!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I'd rock it. After I took off those gawdy passenger pegs.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
if they made it a v-twin and changed the gas tank and plastic so it looked not so stupid and put traditional blinkers on it then maybe i'd consider. how much is this thing gonna go for any way?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
B.a. said:
if they made it a v-twin and changed the gas tank and plastic so it looked not so stupid and put traditional blinkers on it then maybe i'd consider. how much is this thing gonna go for any way?
well shiot, then you'd have an sv wouldn't ya ::)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Uh....I'm doubtful as to whether that's coming here.

Matter of fact - I'd bet against it. Why introduce another bike in a niche the SV owns, and where bikes like the FZ6, 599 and Z750 do nothing but hold the floor down at dealers?

It's solving a problem no one cares about.

The article mentions a Bandit 650 as it it were ongoing. No such bike exists in the states.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
looks kinda like a buel.....ewww.... :-\

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
why would one wanna buy a naked I4? I4 are made to be fast and fairings help when going at slightly past riduculous speeds.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That looks like the supposed replacement for the Bandit 1200S. And a much better looking one too! I really love that frame and swingarm. But they really need to start putting better forks on... USD is the way to go! :)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I'm thinking it's more of a MV Brutal style. I do like it but with lower bars and a V-twin motor. Wonder if that headlight and speedo will fit on the SV, the front end is hot!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
lkm said:
why would one wanna buy a naked I4? I4 are made to be fast and fairings help when going at slightly past riduculous speeds.
I4's started as 'standards' - not as racer-reps. They've always been fast. Full fairings are a racer-rep necessity and serve mostly to inflate repair costs when one falls over. I personally like looking at the engine in all its glory.

Have your cake and eat it too....duck tape for track days....luggage for travel days....upright position for commuting days.....sh!t eating green every day!!!

G

·
There's some cool $hit on that site:

'Wing with an airbag...(Mae West?)

Aprilia SVX1...

'06 Bandit 1200 (650 similar)...

'06 GSX-R 600

...Probably a repost but WTF?

:)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I guarantee that Kawi isn't keeping the naked out due to Suzuki. That relationship is over, anyway.

Fact is - nakeds do NOT sell well here. They sell like mad in Europe. Case in point - the list of left-overs at the shop is riddled almost exclusively with naked or semi-naked this-or-that:

Z1000 ('03!!!)
'03 SV1000
'03 Super Hawk
2 '05 Naked SV's - the 'S' models went 'poof' - as did a couple fairing kits.
2 '05 Z750's - NO one wants this bike. NO one.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts