Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after recovering from my wreck and fixing the suprisingly little damage to my bike, I'm back to using the SV as a daily driver. IT IS SUCH a great feeling to be able to ride normally and without pain. Well back to wheelie's! haha. anyways here are the pics and the link to see them all on my webpage. let me know what you think!

http://home.attbi.com/~famwid/wsb/html/

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frontend

its pieced together from different bikes, but here it is. '01 Gsxr750 forks, triples, clipons, rotors. '01 GSXR600 wheel. 02 Gsxr 1000 calipers, fender and axle.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vote

thank you - wanna vote? i want to see what the boards reaction is.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude,
that front end looks massive! A lot different from the stocker thats for sure. I like it. Anything else done to the rear shock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks awesome... I love the inverted fork look, the massive brakes look great (mmm... six piston calipers...)... I wish my daily driver SVS looked like that. But in blue. Blue is a much more fuel efficient color.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shock

no the shock is stock. I'm looking around for a cheap penske or ohlins new or used. not important right now. the gsxr shock is adequate for now. next i want a dual underseat renegade system. I might lose some power compared to the yosh but i'll still be in the mid 80's HP

·
Registered
17 Posts
nice

how much did that whole front end setup run you?

Mike E.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait a sec: That isn't the stock front rim is it?

What is it from? Did you install it yourself?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cost

most of the stuff came from ebay or salvage yards

1. forks, triples- $275
2. clipons, controls, 4pot calipers- $165
3. Rotors $125
4.1000 calipers $215
5.wheel $100
6.knurling the steering stem $40
total $920
then I sold all my stock parts

1.forks $150
2.wheel $180
3.calipers $65
4.axle $20
5.rotors $150
6.upper triple $75
7.clipons $80
8.controls $55
total $775

so in the end i spent 150 bucks or so. 150 [email protected]!#$% . but it took some time to sell all of the parts.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
exhaust

I bought that exhaust from an Svrider member for a $150. it was already damaged. it doesnt leak so i dont care. thats one hell of an exhaust. I sold my dual renes for $670 and i only paid $620(Ridersite discount) and they were damaged. i'm pretty good at scraping up deals

nobody has noticed the tail yet?!! i've had 10 people already comment on it at my shop

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where did you buy the parts for your front ent conversion from they are cheap prices, I mean compared to what I have heard? Did you do the work? How does it ride?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ride

I'm no expert, but i've been riding for almost eight years. 3 years on sport bikes. I think it handles like a dream. the only thing i've noticed is that the bike lost it's forgiving nature, but it will allow you to push it faster and harder. now the overall package is killer. i love it, my friend owns an svs also, but he likes his bone stock. he hates my bike- says it feels too much like a gixxer, I think that a good thing. its hard to explain how it feels- you just have to ride it. take a GSXR 600 with v-twin motor and that what i've got, just more comfortable. cycletherapy can hook you up with a front end for $1000-$1200 complete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow...

I love the front end on that bike...I would love that! $150 is super cheap for that upgrade though, for sure! I wonder how hard that would be to find in Canada.

Did you do the work yourself, and was it hard to do?

What about the tail? The fender eliminator?

-A

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
easy

I did all of the work myself at my work and at home. the undertail is stock just cut for an aftermarket undertail.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is awsome just might have to start saving up for a GSXR front end. And thanks for that place where I can get the parts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts