Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of fairings, but I really like that bike.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm obssessed with this bike. I need it.

I bet it's really expensive though. If they're only making 5000, and with all the hype and press it's been getting, there's no way they price it to compete with Japanese I-4s.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow!! If Triumph follows through with a Speed version of that bad boy, I may be very, very tempted.  But it's so hard to justify buying a triumph when there are so pitifully few dealers around.   :'(

I lust after the S3.  And the Sprint.  

·
Registered
369 Posts
yup this bike will be mine, been saving for it since mid summer. Just have to see if i can get what i want for my bike. Igf not I'll just track it and finance the triumph...man that bike is pure sex.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I'll wait for when honda/yamaha/suzuki makes a competitor for that. I just don't trust the Triumph reliability.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Muddturtle3 said:
I'll wait for when honda/yamaha/suzuki makes a competitor for that. I just don't trust the Triumph reliability.
That seams kinda silly. Have you spoke with any Triumph owners lately? Everyone I've talked to has had no to little problems.

Still love the new big bad triplle over here. Most likely will be my next bike.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Speaking of that I gotta go find the nearest triumph dealer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it alot also but I am not sure if the numers are big enough for me to leave the SV. I think I read that the torque number is 53 lb feet. This is more than the SV by about 10 or so but I still like numbers the gixxer 1000 is putting up now >78lb ft :) There is always the Daytona 955i too but it needs to go on a diet. Too heavy. The gixxer 1000 05 has me facinated. It has 175 hp, 78lbft + torque, same seat height as my sv, same weight as the sv.......... oh so tempting. Only bad point it has is that it's 2 times the cost of the SV :eek:

Under200

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Muddturtle3 said:
Only bad things I ever heard about Triumph is that they run real hot and they sometimes have electrical problems their first year of production on new models.

Under200

·
Registered
369 Posts
I test rode a speed triple last saturday. The best way to describe the power delivery is like someone grabing your back and pushing you, hard. In a smooth and constant way. I mean that thing jumped from the light at 2,000 rpms and just kept going. Oh and as a side note never buy a demo bike....I had the 05 speed triple up to 125 on the highway when I test rode it. I feel sorry for whoever ends up buying that floor model, lol. Compared to a twin it doesn't exactly have the kick in your ass feel, but it just has great power on up through the top. An incredible engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts