Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 Suzuki Bandit 600S (inline-4) and a 2011 Harley 883 Sportster Iron (v-twin). Well, all that time in the garage together and something was bound to happen, right? So on Friday there was a bouncing baby Suzuki sporty v-twin in there - a new 2019 SV650X in gorgeous black & white. Why buy bikes when you can breed them?

Love this bike. She was born with an ugly tail, but we'll do some surgery on that in a couple of weekends. Handling, power and suspension are perfect for the twisty woods roads in my area. The low clip-ons are tough on my wrists and back after a while, but that's just because I'm old (54). The ergos have definitely cured me of my GSXR curiosity. I can't even imagine...

I've heard the SV described as Suzuki's version of a Ducati Monster, so I was disappointed that KAIJU was already taken as a vanity plate. Ah, well.

Looking forward to lurking and learning here for a while before I start posting. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pics before too long and I can show her off with her ass reduction.

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival and welcome to SVR.

Posting photos is easy, just drag and drop.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You are old at 54!!??
Your back and wrists hurt? The SV sitting triangle is pretty comfy.
I am 53, so take it back! I ride my SV1000s for hundreds of miles almost every weekend.
I do track days whenever I can,
You don't get old until you stop having fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts