Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,283 Posts
Oh it was 100% on me. Went into a corner a bit too hot and hit a bump right before I turned in. By the time the front loaded, I had no chance. I know that bump is there, and usually negotiate it by entering a bit slower, but this time I grabbed that front brake a tiny bit too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, I have a couple of those bumps before a turn on my canyon route. I do my braking before I turn in, but you know how it is: carry a little more speed each time, brake less to keep that momentum going. I know I need to watch it.
So this was on the street or at the track?

· Registered
1,283 Posts
What a testament to good gear. At this point I only go out with a one-piece race suit similar to the one pictured, full gauntlet gloves, full-face helmet, and over-the-shin track boots. Been that way for years now and I haven't had to test anything the way you did, but it's exactly these situations why I put all that stuff on.

· Registered
1,283 Posts
It's easy to judge someone's choices from a grainy video. Did anyone see Quartararo go wide last weekend in Australia? It does happen, sometimes we go in too fast, and sometimes we straighten up when we know that the bumps and road surfaces cannot handle lean angle. Neeto made the right choice in buying proper gear and owning up to the fact that he was hauling through this corner and knew the surface wasn't great. Sometimes we get it, and sometimes the road gets us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts