Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
Definitely better than nothing. I’m happy with my armoured mesh jacket, but definitely need gloves, pants and shoes/boots before I’d really start pushing it…

It does put other videos into a different light. You watch a rider seemingly go straight off the road and you wonder, “What were they thinking?” When similar things you can’t see, like gravel, sand or bumps might just make it the more prudent decision than trying to lean it ‘til you scrape something… 😉

· Registered
699 Posts
Right on that. Priorities 👌
Yup. At this stage of my life, I realized that if your wife is one to deny you a chance at happiness, then that’s no relationship to be in. Granted, that’s barring accidents or your taking off and leaving her behind at every opportunity… 😉

@1neeto, the Hana highway was exactly what I was thinking. I’d looked into renting a Porsche for that run, but the place went out of business a few weeks before. Glad I didn’t, though. More time stopping and looking on that road! Ah well. So long as she’s worth it…

Poster Publication Gesture Font Photo caption

Rectangle Font Brand Logo Graphics

· Registered
699 Posts
My wife is scared witless of motorcycles. Or anything to do with speed. Which is the opposite of me, only I just love going fast. I don’t feel the need to do so… But where on Oahu can you ride that fast, anyway? At any appreciable speed, you’ll hit Kapolei from Honolulu inside of about 15 minutes? 😂 Was talking to a local near Koko Head that said he hadn’t even been to Honolulu in years because it was so far away. I know he was probably pulling my leg, but I said that’s more like a daily commute… even all the way across the island…

You want to try a compromise? Buy a 250 or 300. That way you can scream around like a MotoGP racer, while your wife can rest easy you won’t be going fast enough to be seriously hurt… 🤔

I’d be feeling you more, @Kenneth , if I didn’t know that I’m twice as safe on a bike as my wife is in her car. While I’m dead tired. And drunk. And stoned. Riding in the middle of Boston’s rush hour…

· Registered
699 Posts
I went around most of the island, though that was 12 years ago now. Of course, with that kind of scenery, I’d be more inclined to go slow! 😉

Or at 12pm on Lanai, watching 3 cars go through the main intersection in the middle of Lanai City … “Ahh, brah! S’rush hour!” 😄

1 - 11 of 11 Posts