Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a used Elka 3-way shock with the remote reservoir. When it arrived, I found the length of braided line to be rather short, necessitating me placing the reservoir on the left side of the subframe by the heel plate with the compression controls facing the ground, and the other valve (I'm guessing blowoff valve?) tucked under the passenger pegs. Has anyone done this before (I'm guessing there are going to be a lot of "yes" answers), and if so, did you have trouble with clearance between the controls and the heel plate? I'm finding I'm getting at most maybe a quarter of an inch between the two. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated; I'm thinking that I may have to adjust the ride height to lengthen things out a bit, but thought I'd check here first. Thanks in advance for your time.

Luke

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Hi all,

I recently purchased a used Elka 3-way shock with the remote reservoir. When it arrived, I found the length of braided line to be rather short, necessitating me placing the reservoir on the left side of the subframe by the heel plate with the compression controls facing the ground, and the other valve (I'm guessing blowoff valve?) tucked under the passenger pegs. Has anyone done this before (I'm guessing there are going to be a lot of "yes" answers), and if so, did you have trouble with clearance between the controls and the heel plate? I'm finding I'm getting at most maybe a quarter of an inch between the two. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated; I'm thinking that I may have to adjust the ride height to lengthen things out a bit, but thought I'd check here first. Thanks in advance for your time.

Luke
Can you mount it in the tool box? I know that's pretty popular for the Penske havers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts