Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up some new sliders bc mine are a lil messed up. im trying to remove the slider but when i rotate the nut inside the bolt turns with it. any advice?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
ah, would it work to put a wrench on the other side and hold that end as well? might need 2 people or some creative propping.

a.s.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. i was thinking about that but since i didnt put them on and never have, i decided i would ask. better than guessing and breaking something.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
cool. yeah, when we installed malbiniak's we had to work pretty hard to get the oem bolt out, needed a breaker bar on both sides of the bike, iirc... don't recall if the impact wrench did much good. got lucky actually, almost tweaked one of the nuts, but we got it.

a.s.

·
Vendor
966 Posts
cool. yeah, when we installed malbiniak's we had to work pretty hard to get the oem bolt out, needed a breaker bar on both sides of the bike, iirc... don't recall if the impact wrench did much good. got lucky actually, almost tweaked one of the nuts, but we got it.

a.s.
Some of the OEM bolts can be tough to remove. Some are fine. It's amazing the range of difficulty for that OEM bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts