Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing my search for a second bike, I came across a wrecked 04 SV for $1500. He claims the frame, fork, and front wheel are still straight and true. From the pics he sent me, clipons are bent, tank is dinged, no upper fairing or headlight. If you can help, PM me and I'll email you the pics, thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bike was hit a car at about 20mph he says, it's still running so I guess that's a good thing. Talked to him a little bit today and he's ask for $1500 for it.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I'd be very surprised if the frame wasn't bent or cracked.

The pics aren't the best, but looking at the second PIC down the spacing between the tank and the frame looks uneven. Also, the space between the frame and the the top of the front sprocket cover looks greater than the space at the bottom. Also, it looks as if the L rearset guard is pushed into the swing arm. Lastly, it appears that the frame is either cracked or at least scratched where the front frame/engine bolt is located.

Apparently, that bike was fully faired and all the plastics and 90% of the hardware was ripped off in the crash. Since the plastics attach to the radiator, and the R bracket was completely ripped off (hence the naked hole in the bottom of the radiator in the 5th PIC down), whether the radiator survived is questionable. The twisted bracket is also evidence that the bike experienced some pretty significant impact forces.

It hard to say from your PICS, but there might not be $1500 in usable parts left on that bike. Personally, I'd have serious concerns respecting its structural integrity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts