Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I think that looks more like some type of emissions canister. The fuel filter should be integrated into the fuel pump inside the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
If you are having gas filter problems, try searching the Stromtrooper forums for filter alternatives. If you buy the filter/pump assembly from Suzuki, the cost is several hundred $US. Buying just the pump thru eBay is around $70 and the alternative fuel filter should be even cheaper.
According to this thread - http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=b0bef71b7cd72a4be2bd1fa9b84bf9eb&topic=6105.0, this mod will work on ALL DL1000s (and presumably SV1000s) and 04-06 DL650s (meaning if you have an 07 or newer SV this may NOT work). The procedure requires some careful drilling but can save money if you are careful. Given the similarities in design, I would assume that the procedure should work on the corresponding years for SVs as well.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's a pulse modulator.

The filters are in the tank as a part of the pump module. There's a filter mesh for the pickup before the pump, then a finer filter for pressurized fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts