Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is SVrider suddenly giving us ad-cookies? I am not sure, but SV rider is pretty much the only motorcycle website I go.
Lately I have noticed on sites like Digg and my local TV station that I am getting personalized advertisements---about MOTORCYCLES.

Harley ads on digg.
Local motorcycle store ads on KFDX's page.

Hmmm. Is the new management tagging us without telling us? it doesn't really bother me, but I just noticed it recently and it seemed odd.
Anyone else noticed this lately?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Is SVrider suddenly giving us ad-cookies? I am not sure, but SV rider is pretty much the only motorcycle website I go.
Lately I have noticed on sites like Digg and my local TV station that I am getting personalized advertisements---about MOTORCYCLES.

Harley ads on digg.
Local motorcycle store ads on KFDX's page.

Hmmm. Is the new management tagging us without telling us? it doesn't really bother me, but I just noticed it recently and it seemed odd.
Anyone else noticed this lately?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
i blame google.

if you use gmail, they scan your emails to personalize the sponsored links....

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
i blame google.

if you use gmail, they scan your emails to personalize the sponsored links....
It's as simple as everytime you search for something with google it gets tracked and logged. So again...

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
You're not gonna even wait for the 10-15 threads to be created about it this time?? :D
I'm still gonna stick around for and participate in the whine-fest, I'm just going to announce now my intention to delete all my posts (wait, can't do that anymore) and take my toys and go home. Probably start my own forum with no rules or adds. Who's coming with me?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I'm still gonna stick around for and participate in the whine-fest, I'm just going to announce now my intention to delete all my posts (wait, can't do that anymore) and take my toys and go home. Probably start my own forum with no rules or adds. Who's coming with me?
DEATH TO VS and STEW!!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
That's cool, always prefer seeing useful ads. Google adsense seems to be improving lately, getting more and more useful ads (yeah, ok, so I never actually click them, but one day something useful might pop up).

Been quite happy with the 'take over', haven't noticed anything significant changing; in fact only thing I can think of that affects me in any way is the SVOTM changes, and that had nothing to do with the new owners anyway.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I wasn't complaining, just curious. I do google sv related stuff sometimes, so maybe that's it. I don't use Gmail though. Meh, somehow I didn't realize (spend way too much time on the forum) that I was beating a dead horse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts