Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, heres my story

my yosh trs carbon slip on split open where the carbon is wrapped on teh backside of the pipe, i sent yosh the pictures and am currently waiting for a response, supposedly if its a defect they will give me a new pipe, so in the meantime, i have no exhaust, the piping is all still there, just no can. it sounds AWESOME, like a muscle car or some shit, anyway is it bad to ride like this? will it mess my bike up? any info is very much appreciated, thanks

02sv650 btw

joe

·
Registered
97 Posts
Running without a muffler will cause a lean condition. Engine damage is very possible without signfigant carb tuning. You can also expect a loss of low end torque and maybe a slight gain in top end power.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Yes and yes. It's bad to ride like that and it will mess up your bike. In addition to the lean mix problem Zanetti described, you'll also annoy the hell out of everybody (making more enemies for motorcycling); risk arrest and, in some places, impoundment of your ride; and risk permanently damaging your hearing.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:( alright guys looks like ill have to shack her up until yosh does their part

thanks for the info

S

·
0 Posts
Yosh sucks for sv

The same thing happened to mine. Except I have a stainless trs and it exploded a big square out on the side that faces the tire. So mine is loud but it looks intact unless you look at the backside.
I will probably fix mine if I get a ticket but my area is full of loud hardleys so mine doesnt attract too much negative attention- as if I care anyway LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Yosh sucks for sv

svslider said:
The same thing happened to mine. Except I have a stainless trs and it exploded a big square out on the side that faces the tire. So mine is loud but it looks intact unless you look at the backside.
I will probably fix mine if I get a ticket but my area is full of loud hardleys so mine doesnt attract too much negative attention- as if I care anyway LOL
They probably wont give you a ticket since "It just broke 5 miles down the raod and I'm heading right home before it damages my bike sir."

·
Registered
415 Posts
How is riding wit no exaust any different than some of the pipes out there these days, or doing Mr Blacks Muflerectomy?

Doing the Muflerectomy and a lot of pipes out there do not have any baffles plates, and are just a straight shot out of the header....aren't they?

How is this any different?

·
Registered
830 Posts
mrlucky2u said:
How is riding wit no exaust any different than some of the pipes out there these days, or doing Mr Blacks Muflerectomy?

Doing the Muflerectomy and a lot of pipes out there do not have any baffles plates, and are just a straight shot out of the header....aren't they?

How is this any different?
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler5.htm

they're not just straight through.. the inner pipe is perferatorated and there is fiberglass insulation around the steel inner pipe. this allows pressure waves to bounce around which cancels some of the noise and evens out the pulses from the exhaust.. this most likely gives some backpressure to the engine, but now we're getting well beyond my knowledge.

My muffler blew off 2X at the track on monday. the fiberglass ripped right off of the rivets at the base of the can. sucked big time. noise went WAY up and didn't sound very healthy. had to do an emergency repack and can now do it very fast. carbon fiber sucks big time in mufflers as fas as i can tell. its brittle (especially on the ends where the strength is needed) and it degrades with heat (which it gets plenty of).

wouldn't buy CF again. stick with some kind of expensive metal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah when yosh sends this pipe back to me imma try to sell it and go with a scorpion pipe or something, devil, wutever is the loudest

yes i love a loud bike :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts