Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to start touring with my fiancé. She hated the dual stock pipes on my sv1k 06' so I went single high mount carbon so that way it would be as far out of the way as possible. This has put me in a tough spot as I want givi side cases but that requires mounts that are too close to the tail for my exhaust to fit. I do not have a fender anymore but a hot bodies undertail. Any ideas? I was thinking about modifying the original bracket to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
http://sv650.metromain.net/index.php?x=luggage

This fellow (one of our own!) put the Givi's on his 650S which is pretty much the same size as the 1K so his nice pictures show what you are getting into. I don't see how the M4 is going to work with the side cases. It is likely you will have to run stock location pipes to use any luggage setup.

Wondering why your fiance hated the stock dual pipes? Space is at a premium on the bike so she isn't going to have much room no matter what you run. You do realize that the SV isn't the best sport touring bike out there? It CAN be used successfully as many have done, but the pillion provisions seem sparse and your fiance will have to be a trooper to put many miles on this with you. At least that is the way it looks to me. Good luck with your touring!:)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Buy a delkevic shorty, add the muffler only and ride with your cases in the meantime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts