Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would share this with yall, cuz I just don't get it and it ticks me off a little bit.

This weekend has been the first weekend where we've had higher temperatures...in the high 70's and low 80's. I've been riding throughout the cold as well, but most have not. I've seen some real douchey acts this weekend for the first time...I had two personal accounts this weekend and each were by the same demographic...middle aged men on Harleys.

The first account was yesterday afternoon. I'm at an intersection with one car in front of me, we have a red light. There is a small store on the other side of the intersection to my left and there are 3 riders there. Our light turns green, and the car in front of me starts to go a little bit, well...at the same time one of the riders at that store decides they want to go onto the road (where the red light is now) and just cross the intersection running the red light. The car in front notices thank god, and stops so he doesn't get hit. The two bikers that were with him also decided they were just gonna go on, and some dumb broad on the back of one was just waving. ...the whole time I was just shaking my head.

Then today...I had passed a biker bar going into a town, and as I'm nearing a light I see 3 Harleys getting right up on me...constantly revving their engines for some reason. I'm making a left hand turn at this light, which is a single lane turn...and one of the riders decides they want to actually get directly beside me in my lane while I'm turning...the whole time I'm thinking, "wtf are you doing!?". After the turn they start to still keep an insanely close distance to me. The road is now a 2 lane, i look back to see what they're doing, and blow by the cars in front of me leaving them in the dust. It took them forreeevverrrr to pass the same cars...but then they started getting right back on me...i figured they would have gotten the hint from me shaking my head, and blowing them away, but apparently not. At that point I reached my destination and turned off.

I just don't get the mentality here...can anyone help me out with that? And do any of you experience similar stuff?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Small issues. Napoleonic complex about a "certain male body part."

·
Registered
828 Posts
they're just proving the 'coolness level' sounds like they were pretty high up on the meter with the engine revs and disregard of lights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do not let it get to you... I have seen similar actions.... I think those Harley riders think they are better bikers... They have been doing it more so it makes them better , right?
Anyway, ride your won ride. try to ignore stupidity.. It will get you in trouble..
--Btw I am in raleigh too-- with a 01 sv..

·
Registered
261 Posts
You are not alone. I posted the same thing over in the "itch" thread. I ride year round commuting, and adventuring on the weekends. Today had to be the worst ride I have had in a while. Coming home from the mountains I took my favorite twisty route only to find myself in Harley and squid heaven. And to top it off I got pulled over. I run the same area all throughout the fall and winter with no hassle or much cycle traffic at all. Today it felt like i came upon more bikes than cars, and even more idiots than usual.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes, that sucks gwarusee. Did you get a ticket from the ordeal too?

Yeah, I try my best to not let people's stupid acts get to me but it's really hard sometimes.

Awesome btw Shal, yours isn't red too is it? =P I actually live pretty close to Raleigh, that's where I work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts